• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Global tint

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just had our ZS tints done today, they did our 5 a few weeks ago and it definitely reduces the temperature in the car
Here’s some photos

AB9BAB45-6321-4082-A8E4-662E66A8BF7F.jpeg

4FA9D636-6622-4CDC-9985-0B376258FA89.jpeg

9CDAA62E-45E8-4790-B153-D5A310C58C77.jpeg4C3D5B32-483C-472B-92F7-D8C32C4DDA79.jpeg8F1E9D2F-7067-4C11-86E1-45A1A9EE8D26.jpeg

What did you go for ?.
30% on the back and about 70% on the front ........ ish ??????.
Looks nice and does cut down on the heat as well, that's for sure !.

Yep it’s legal, they won’t put anything darker than 70%
B pillar back is their Luna brand, not to sure of the %age but it’s looks Oem, which is what I wanted along with keeping the car cool for the kids

Serious question, assuming this is a film of some sort - what prevents the tint peeling off at the top of the passenger window when it's used?

Did you get the front dropglass done also? Its hard to see from the pics. What did Global tints charge if you don’t mind me asking? I would also like a windscreen top tint.

Serious question, assuming this is a film of some sort - what prevents the tint peeling off at the top of the passenger window when it's used?
There’s a film of glue on the tint (which itself is a thin film) so won’t come off. Besides they give a warranty

Did you get the front dropglass done also? Its hard to see from the pics. What did Global tints charge if you don’t mind me asking? I would also like a windscreen top tint.
Yes forward of the b piller glass done to the legal limit which allows 70% light through and is basically oem
If you get Liam the chap that did my car he will do a sun strip on the windscreen no bother, just make sure you ask when they turn up to do the job.
The cost for the whole car was £250, just make sure when you get a quote you use the face book discount which is fb20.
Hope that helps

What did you go for ?.
30% on the back and about 70% on the front ........ ish ??????.
Looks nice and does cut down on the heat as well, that's for sure !.
So is that saying that the car front windows don’t have any tint on them as they come from factory because I asked my guy to put 70% on mine and he said it would make them illegal as they come with some tint already ?

So is that saying that the car front windows don’t have any tint on them as they come from factory because I asked my guy to put 70% on mine and he said it would make them illegal as they come with some tint already ?
You need to take your car to someone who can see!!!

The MG5, the MGZS and the MG HS in all trims don’t have any tint in any of the glazing apart from the panoramic sunroof in the ZS and HS.
To prove this all you need is a blank piece of paper, half open the window and compare looking at the paper through the glass and not through the glass, simple really.

There is also the benefit of uv protection when using tint film which you don’t get from oem tinted glass.

You need to take your car to someone who can see!!!

The MG5, the MGZS and the MG HS in all trims don’t have any tint in any of the glazing apart from the panoramic sunroof in the ZS and HS.
To prove this all you need is a blank piece of paper, half open the window and compare looking at the paper through the glass and not through the glass, simple really.

There is also the benefit of uv protection when using tint film which you don’t get from oem tinted glass.
Some tinting companies like “Global” will give you a confirmation note to say your OEM glass has no tint at all and it will state what level of tint they have used to comply with the levels to match the regs.
MG has confirmed, that the ZS EV does not come with ANY level of tint, except for the sun roof ( if you have it ).

The guy who did my tint would NOT tint the front side windows period !.
From the B pillar back, you are allowed to have it as dark as you wish legally.

The guy who did my tint would NOT tint the front side windows period !.
From the B pillar back, you are allowed to have it as dark as you wish legally.
I had my front side windows done (Global Tints). As has already been said, there is no factory tint on any windows.

Had my MG5 done today - by local company near Glasgow who do both nearby MG franchises as well as every other main dealer marque including Porsche.

There was an HS in getting tints when I was there too - guy said he’d had one dealer requesting 10 MGs tinted earlier this week. Popular cars!

E8234CBE-BB47-40D6-B722-065FD82C7643.jpeg

Had my rear windows tinted today with Global Tint. I was due to have the 2 front side windows done as well but the guy said they have a slight tint already so if I have them done there was a danger they could be over the legal limit. Decided not to risk it. It's interesting how some are happy to tint them and others are reluctant.

Had my rear windows tinted today with Global Tint. I was due to have the 2 front side windows done as well but the guy said they have a slight tint already so if I have them done there was a danger they could be over the legal limit. Decided not to risk it. It's interesting how some are happy to tint them and others are reluctant.
The guy was wrong, they have no tint from the factory. Someone posted a letter confirming this from MG somewhere on this forum.

Whilst I understand that the ZS comes with no tint on the front windows, does that imply that they let through 100% of light? Even with no tint, if they block a small amount of light then a 70% tint would technically be illegal.

Does Global Tint measure the light transmission either before or after the application of film?

Has anyone looked into clear UV film? I assume you can't get 80% film?

Last edited:
Just had Global Tint do ours today Oynx on the rear 95%, and Twilight on the front 59%. Had Onyx on my ML55 and was very dark, on the MG is great because of the light the sunroof let's in.
£225 for the whole car, and they came to the house.

Attachments

• 20211023_161532_03.jpg
    20211023_161532_03.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 20211023_161532_01.jpg
    20211023_161532_01.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 257
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back