GOM gone through the roof

@sideways when you are ready, plug in the charger and just let it do it’s thing !.
Even when it’s so called fully charged, do not unplug the “Granny” !.
Let it keep going in order for it to enter into the balancing cycle.
This only commences AFTER the HV battery is fully charged to 100%.
While your charging, you will notice that the MG badge will slowly pulse at a slow steady speed.
When the car enters the balance cycle, the MG badge will switch over to a low constant soft glow.
Don’t worry, when the balance is complete, it will automatically stop 🛑 receiving power from the “Granny” and the charge light on the unit will go out and the MG badge will stop displaying any charge light.
Now you can unplug the cable from the car and do your checks with all 12 volt items turned OFF and especially the HVAC system.
Don’t worry if the car is on charge / balancing for a long time.
The power being drawn for the balance process is only about 500 Watts.
After the BMS update balance times can be long !.
My first one was over 10 hours !.
This time will reduce over subsequent cycles and should bottom out at around 2 - 3 hours ( ish ).
Did you ever allow the car to do a balance cycle prior to having the update ?.
MG recommend that a balance cycle should be done about once a month.
You have now entered the dark place of understand how the BMS update affects you car 🤣.
It’s a massive learning curve alright.
If you have a home energy meter, you can plot the cars progress using that, if you feel that way inclined ?.
Ask me how I know this stuff ( sad bugger ) 🥲.
I need to get out more 🤣.

Ok guys, fully charged 449 volts, 179 miles in eco like last summer!
Had to pick up my son, left with 179, 7.8 mile journey, got home with 175 on the gom, I know i'm good at this hyper mileing but?

If the car is still under warranty surely MG are duty bound to fix it?
Depends if they class as a bulb?
Screenshot_20220409_150156.jpg

Oh, and my badge does not flash anymore, dealer wasn't interested!
That is totally NOT acceptable to be honest !.
As @weedavemac has correctly pointed out, the car is still under warranty and they are duty bound to investigate and report back on their findings.
Ask them to look at it again, if they show no interest then either go to another dealer and ( or ) then call MG customer services and tell them that your local dealer has displayed NO interest in responding to your request, to diagnose the problem on your car under the T&C's of the warranty.
You must have more patience than me, I have to say !.
How the hell are you meant to know when the car is charging or balancing etc otherwise ???.
When did you first notice the problem and when did you first report the issue ?.

So how is my voltage, ok would you say?
The car needs to be completely fully charged AND balanced, only then can we compare your results.
Can you then provide the HV voltage and the predicted range in the default NORMAL mode, with all items turned off.
It's all on the same menu screen.
Take a photo and upload it !.
Your last post was reported as ....... "SOC is about 83% voltage only 434 ".
The pack was not at 100% and therefore the voltage would be low.
You should be seeing around 448 - 450 Volts and a predicted range of around 163 miles ( ish ) in NORMAL mode.
Both trips reset to zero before you take your results !.
If you are in this ball park, then you good to go !.
I suspect with your low mileage covered, you will be very close to the target figures.
Remember, keep resetting your trips, or your figures will become over inflated again !.

It said fully charged on the dash, and 449 volts so right in the ballpark, I always use eco and as i said most I ever saw was 179, but in the summer.
I think the edge has come off the acceleration, though I might just be used to it?
But tell that to the guy in the VW scirocco yesterday👍🤣

It said fully charged on the dash, and 449 volts so right in the ballpark, I always use eco and as i said most I ever saw was 179, but in the summer.
I think the edge has come off the acceleration, though I might just be used to it?
But tell that to the guy in the VW scirocco yesterday👍🤣
I am a NORMAL driving mode person myself, don't see any advantage of using the Eco mode really.
Eco mode in the winter reduces the power to the cabin heater to much.
Acceleration and Regen is less effective in Eco mode also.
I used normal mode, for almost the entire time we had our previous ZS EV and covered nearly 20,000 miles.
I am doing like wise in our Trophy LR now.
It suits my driving style, but will be different for other drivers.

Oh, and my badge does not flash anymore, dealer wasn't interested!
Probably comes under the last item on the list, "EV charging point door and cable" only covered for 12 months.

I am a NORMAL driving mode person myself, don't see any advantage of using the Eco mode really.
I used normal mode, for almost the entire time we had our previous ZS EV and covered nearly 20,000 miles.
I test drove the ZS EV, and wanted one but the deal was not quite there, sadly.

I test drove the ZS EV, and wanted one but the deal was not quite there, sadly.
No deals yet, due to demand being higher than supply ATM.
The only thing MG are currently offering is a deposit contribution on finance.

No deals yet, due to demand being higher than supply ATM.
The only thing MG are currently offering is a deposit contribution on finance.
No, deals on my car to help with cost of ZS mk2. It was really nice, almost got a E Niro, but dealers were idiots! Drove a ID4 way over rated and for the price compared to my ZS totally ridiculous, sales lady just did not get it at all, poor thing!

Hi all, I haven't drove my MG for a few days been ill, drove to the doctors today and the accumulated range has gone up? Only thing that has changed is the outside temperature!

Hi all, I haven't drove my MG for a few days been ill, drove to the doctors today and the accumulated range has gone up? Only thing that has changed is the outside temperature!

Outside temperature has a big effect on range, that will most likely be the change you see. As the temperature has gone up here (South East) my range has stayed the same while I've been driving locally!

Thank you, got antibiotics👍
My diesel Captur calculated how much fuel I had in the tank, what my long term mpg was and gave remaining mileage,shouldn't our MGs do that? eg full battery 42.5 usable kilowatt hours X long range miles per kilowatt hour = range? taking into account temperature its not rocket science is it?

Hi Lovmyev

Ok, how do I put this?
When you open the boot while charging you can see the % of battery charge and the miles range for the normal mode.
Then I did the math's for normal mode, % battery charge, range and miles per kilowatt hour long calculation. For 42.5 usable battery it doesn't add up! But do the calculations for 44.5 and its spot on every time! Did the last update remove the buffer?

Hi Lovmyev

Ok, how do I put this?
When you open the boot while charging you can see the % of battery charge and the miles range for the normal mode.
Then I did the math's for normal mode, % battery charge, range and miles per kilowatt hour long calculation. For 42.5 usable battery it doesn't add up! But do the calculations for 44.5 and its spot on every time! Did the last update remove the buffer?
Yes - They did increased the buffer at the top of the pack, when the BMS update was released on Jan 15th 2020.
Opening the boot while charging, will display the range, time remaining etc on the Gen 1 model.
You can view the same thing, if you press the button on the drivers door, while charging.
But you have to keep the keys out of range of the car, or it will unlock the doors.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom