Good Experience with Nextbase & RS Connect

highsider

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I thought I would share some good experience with Nextbase and RS Connect, and fitting a front and rear camera to the MG4 Trophy. Nextbase have an offer for their premium 622GW front and rear camera kit (Nextbase Special Offers | Nextbase UK). I normally fit these myself with a fitting kit but went for the fitting service as RS Connect does this stuff all the time. Also, I saw someone do this on youtube and it looked a bit more involved than expected. For the money (£99 inc fitting kit), I thought it was really good value. The chap spent longer than expected fitting the cameras because the MG4 was new to him, but fits plenty on other electric vehicles. 3 hours in total. He didn't rush and made a really neat job of it - cables nicely hidden. Very pleased.

Fitted nextbase 622gw by rs connect. Quick and tidy. However mynextbase app doesn't connect to the dash cam automatically. I have to unpaired and set up every time. Not sure why?

I haven't had a play with it yet - just set up by the installer, but I'll see if I can give it a go over the weekend and get the same isse.

Just purchased this bundle on the Nextbase website with fitting. But then went to book with RS Connect but it wouldn't recognise the my MG4's VIN? I'll have to ring them up tomorrow.

I went with the Nextbase 522GW I made an 12 step guide on how to install it yourself... I think Halfords charge £70. Do it yourself much more satisfying :D

Step 1 Front Camera Placement / clean windscreen 7:02
Step 2 Rear Camera Install Process 10:32
Step 3 The plan 11:40
Step 4 Top Tip lubricate rubber channel 11:44
Step 5 Threading the rear wire through rubber channel 11:48
Step 6 Remove rubber plugs and pull wire through using coat hanger 13:15
Step 7 Connect the rear view camera 13:53
Step 8 Thread mini Hdmi end back inside 14:37
Step 9 Hide the slack / excess cable 16:27
Step 10 Fit the rear camera / clean the rear window 17:04
Step 11 Front camera cable install 17:39
Step 12 Testing 19:01