GPS signal lost

Sutty1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have had an MG HS PHEV for about 18 months, I used android auto and google maps (prefer WAZE but always dreadful lag). Google maps has been fine until 2 weeks ago. Now google maps is delayed and looses road position, and when I connect a phone it informs me through voice prompt that GPS signal is lost. I have tried 2 different phones both using wired Android auto. Any ideas?

It will have nothing to do with car it will be the network Signal in the area, where do you have the phone when connected to the car.

I'm hearing this a lot in my ICE golf everytime I connect android auto. It has been like this since a recent app update. I don't think it's limited to MG

It will have nothing to do with car it will be the network Signal in the area, where do you have the phone when connected to

Is it a phone update
It could be an update as there is another reply here which suggests this too. I was reading through some earlier posts about lagging nav and using Waze. One of the posts suggested that the GPS for google maps uses the cars GPS and GPS antenna.

Android auto uses phone GPS for positioning. You can prove this by switching location off (on phone) and then running Google maps etc.

Many reports of this over on the Skoda Enyaq forums also. It appears to be a phone/android auto handshake issue rather than the vehicle.

I get the message in my Enyaq when it 1st connects wirelessly to AA but then it works flawlessly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom