Granny Charger Balancing

Sbhu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
How long roughly should balancing take using a granny charger from when the battery is fully charged on a 21 plate ZS?
It’s been slow charging today but has been on the balancing process for about 8 hours and it’s still balancing. It’s balanced every week when it has a slow charge but seems to be taking longer to balance each time

Hi, what power is the car drawing from looking at your IHD?
Should be between 300-500w.
Can I ask why you balance every week and do you have a 7.5kwh EVSE?

I have to use the granny as I don’t have a driveway so cannot have a home charger.
It is charged on the granny on my day off one day a week. Sorry for sounding thick IHD?

In house display, the reading from your smart meter😁.
If you check your back ground usage then see what the reading is with the car charging then when 100% it should drop to 500w for a few hours but 8 hours every week seems excessive.

In house display, the reading from your smart meter😁.
If you check your back ground usage then see what the reading is with the car charging then when 100% it should drop to 500w for a few hours but 8 hours every week seems excessive.
Ah that’s why I didn’t know what it meant.
Sorry don’t have a smart meter.
I will take another look next week as I thought it was a bit excessive and if no change book it in to be looked at.

As a matter of interest, is the balancing power draw exactly the same on the granny as on the 7kW or is it a lower level ?

How long roughly should balancing take using a granny charger from when the battery is fully charged on a 21 plate ZS?
It’s been slow charging today but has been on the balancing process for about 8 hours and it’s still balancing. It’s balanced every week when it has a slow charge but seems to be taking longer to balance each time
Balancing should take another 3 to 4 hours after a full charge. You don't need to balance that often once a month is OK.

I did a balance on mine yesterday as it's been around 7 weeks since I last did one, The car was at 70% & I left it charging on my Fenkee adjustable charger on the lowest 10A setting.

The cell voltages are Min 4.2 & Max 4.22

I noticed the range has started to creep up with this slightly milder weather in normal mode, trips reset to 159 miles just 7 miles off fair weather range.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom