Granny charging issue!

MattMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

I am having issues with my granny charger and am wondering if anyone had a suggestion please.

The MG ZS does begin to charge through the granny charger, however, after about 5-10 minutes it cuts out and stops. Is this a known issue? Have I been given a faulty charger?

if I lock/unlock the car, it resets itself and then the charging kicks back in for another 5-10minutes.

I fact it resets itself and pull a further charge for a short period of time, I would have thought, means that the socket isn’t the issue, but please do let know if anyone has had the same issue.

Hi,

I am having issues with my granny charger and am wondering if anyone had a suggestion please.

The MG ZS does begin to charge through the granny charger, however, after about 5-10 minutes it cuts out and stops. Is this a known issue? Have I been given a faulty charger?

if I lock/unlock the car, it resets itself and then the charging kicks back in for another 5-10minutes.

I fact it resets itself and pull a further charge for a short period of time, I would have thought, means that the socket isn’t the issue, but please do let know if anyone has had the same issue.
I've used my granny charger on numerous occasions and not had any problems.

In my camping trips i used the granny charger several times and hè works great 👍👍 have you tried another 230v wall plug ?

Attachments

• IMG-20210825-WA0026.jpeg
    IMG-20210825-WA0026.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 128
Do you have powerline adapters for your internet in the house, if so they will cause this to happen.

Can Gomev provide a reason for this malfunction?
Is there any internet connection with the Granny charger or are you referring to RFI?

Can Gomev provide a reason for this malfunction?
Is there any internet connection with the Granny charger or are you referring to RFI?
I do not have an explanation 😔 , however I believe it is something to do with the car itself picking up the signals through the wiring which confuses it (technical term). It also affects the 7kW home chargers in the same way. I too learned the hard way after going through all the elimination stuff as advised elsewhere in this thread. Only a problem with MGs as well I think.

I had non ev issues with powerline adapters where my phone charger would interfere with them. I found a 10 meter extension lead gave enough cable between them to stop the interference.
From an electromagnetic perspective you could try looping the charger so that it is in circles to reduce the interference.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom