• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Graphics on dashboard

How about this for a potential theory....

If the car was pre-installed at factory with comfort pack2 = no graphics
If the car has had comfort pack 2 installed at dealer = you get graphics

Is this true for you guys?
Anyone want to blow this theory out the water?!?

Interesting. How do we know where the software was installed?

are the graphics part of the software install or pre-configured on a different version of the driver display?

Possible - got mine in June 2020 (although it had been sat around for a couple of months during first lockdown) and got C2 update in July.

Bought mine July 2020, Comfort 2 installed by dealer pre-purchase, no updates since and I have all the graphics.

I like a good theory !.
He is my two penny worth.
My car hit the dealership just before Xmas 2019 ( Red Exclusive if it maters ).
I collected on the 6th Jan 2020 ( 2020 registered ).
I assume it only had the OEM factory software, went it hit the country.
It is my understanding, the software then gets applied to suit it's destination ( U.K. in this case ).
Prior to collection, the car had the very first small update that permitted delayed charging on a suitable wall box.
The car had NO other updates, until I booked in the car for the "Comfort 2" update in Oct 2020.
Both before and after the "Comfort 2" update, the car displayed the colour graphics when you toggle through the drive modes of the car.
The car must have been one of the first customers cars, to receive the Jan 15th 2021 update.
This was because the car was already booked in on THAT day for it's first service, wiring harness recall in the drivers door and HV battery fuse protection update.
On the day of the service, something went completely T.U. and the car was rendered "DEAD" and stuck on a lift with the handbrake applied.
On Monday 18th Jan 2021 - the data files where uploaded to MG Tech to sort the problem.
The car had the BMS update applied on Tuesday morning under MG Tech's instructions.
My car DID NOT suffer from any "Buggy" software issues, because it never had them applied !.
Bet your sorry you asked now - @JodyS21

Soooo, I think, that means that only people with "older" cars have the graphics.

@jamesie Car bought 23 Nov 2020.....no graphics
@GordieG Got Graphics. got mine in June 2020 (although it had been sat around for a couple of months during first lockdown) and got C2 update in July
@ging353 I bought my Red MG ZS EV Exclusive in March 2020 and I'm sure mine had the graphics from new.
@Kithmo Bought mine July 2020, Comfort 2 installed by dealer pre-purchase, no updates since and I have all the graphics.
@Jeps Got Graphics & Not a red car!
@SCB86 I collected my car towards the end of December 2020 and don't have the graphics.
@Lovemyev My car hit the dealership just before Xmas 2019 (Red Exclusive), collected on the 6th Jan 2020 (2020 registered). Had graphics before and after, "Comfort 2" update installed in Oct 2020.
@Dodger Collected my Red Exclusive 7th November 2019, full graphics were showing then and still working
@JodyS21 Registered 12/2020. No graphics.
@rbpasapera No graphics. I bought mine in october 2020 and it was built in july 2020, it came with the C2U installed.

CONCLUSIONS!!!!!
It's nothing to do with when/if comfort 2 update is installed (proved by @Lovemyev).
EARLIEST Collected with NO graphics - October 2020 (built in July) ( @rbpasapera ).
LATEST Collected with graphics - July 2020 (@Kithmo )
So it looks like all cars collected from 10/2020 (Built 7/2020) don't get graphics.
(and it really doesn't matter what colour it is or how much you paid for it lol)

Soooo, I think, that means that only people with "older" cars have the graphics.
My brother has the Pimlico Blue exclusive.
It was a "Pre-Reg" 70 plate model, bought around September - Oct 2020.
He had the "Comfort 2" update applied prior to collection.
I will ask him what graphics he has and get back to you.
He is #Team Blue !.

I’ve never had them but... my car graphic is the same colour as the car...
@Cocijo. out of curiosity, can you show a picture of the red car you have on the display!
Does any one else have a car in the display that match the colour of your car?

@Cocijo. out of curiosity, can you show a picture of the red car you have on the display!
Does any one else have a car in the display that match the colour of your car?
My car is blue! Profile pic is not of my car 🙂

Another confirmation of the theory. Collected ours 2 weeks ago, Feb 2021, and no fancy graphics.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom