Green number plates

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
My new green number plates arrive midday and I’ll be fitting them today come rain or shine.
If anyone is interested I bought them from Plates for Cars whom are the only supplier I found at the time able to make them.
FYI they became legal on Tuesday this week.

Arrived and installed:

PXL_20201211_122005958~2.jpg
PXL_20201211_131303257.jpg
PXL_20201211_131332529.jpg

Just fitted mine too. Off to get some sticky pads as I thought the plastic that the screws go into are a bit thin.

The originals had both number plate sticky foam pads and two screws so I just wanted to replicate the fitting method.
FYI the green strip has a car with a plug/lead overlayed and EV written at the base, all very cheesy 😐

Nice but I wouldn't pay £36 for a green stripe, a 99p sticker would do on the old plates.
I use sealant and a gun to fit plates, quick and easy, solid fit and can be removed cleanly

My £1.80 piece of 'apple green' Vinyl off eBay, would do half a dozen number plates...

I don’t think that there is enough room at the side of my original plates to get a decent sized green strip fixed

The originals had both number plate sticky foam pads and two screws so I just wanted to replicate the fitting method.
FYI the green strip has a car with a plug/lead overlayed and EV written at the base, all very cheesy 😐
Not compliant with the regulations either. Don’t suppose anyone will care mind.

Hi how did you get the old plates off,
mine are stuck on, thinking a hot wash and a plastic pallet knife.

Heat them with a heat gun / hairdryer and they’ll pretty much fall off. If you’re sticking the plates back on, you should gently heat the pads and bumper before mating them to make sure it doesn’t fall off once applied.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom