Green number plates

Mine have a car with plug symbol and EV written below. I’m not sure it’s that strict regarding the green strip

Mine have a car with plug symbol and EV written below. I’m not sure it’s that strict regarding the green strip
That symbol and text combo definitely doesn’t comply with the regs. I’m not sure it does need to fill the entire part of the plate it’s on though, just needs to be a certain minimum/maximum size.

There is no specified height of the green strip that I have found, just a width of 40-50mm. I've also read elsewhere that the strip cannot encroach with 11mm of the registration mark.

There is a specified height of a flag/national identifiers which is 98mm. Just been out to measure, can confirm it conforms to this rule, 100mm.

Last edited:
@kiltox Im sure you’re right regarding the text and symbol. However, it does press home the message and that is the point of the green strip. Already had a Model S burn me off at the lights trying to prove the superior Tesla status after spotting my plates!

What's the law say about covering the flag part of the existing number plate with a green sticker ?

What's the law say about covering the flag part of the existing number plate with a green sticker ?
Probably also not compliant. Needs to be retro reflective material and the plate needs to comply with BS AU 145d

again, unlikely anyone will care.

This is what my DIY ones look like....I can always alter them if necessary.

I prefer to use screws to fix them, as in the past I've had them start falling off if parked in full sun for a while. I did use green plastic covers though! Total cost £2.00.;)

Green 40CP front.jpg

This is what my DIY ones look like....I can always alter them if necessary.

I prefer to use screws to fix them, as in the past I've had them start falling off if parked in full sun for a while. I did use green plastic covers though! Total cost £2.00.;)

View attachment 905
Love the plate, bet that wasn't cheap 😍

I think they look ok tbh. Cracking number plate too
Looks fine, green might be a bit light in colour but nowt wrong with them and cheaper than a new set of plates. I think a lot of EV owners will alter their own plates.

I did try the next darker one...but it just didn't look right....looked too dark from a distance.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom