Grid Serve on Fully Charged

Let’s hope so. It just needs one firm to experience success to pull others into the market.

Saw this myself it's the future I am sure especially the bit were you use a payment once and next time you just plug in, same as Tesla 👍😀

Impressive indeed, and their charges per KWh sounded reasonable given the investment they had to make/will make for these facilities. Thanks for sharing. A couple of things:
  1. Solar panels as the entire roof - I've always wondered why this wasn't done much (e.g. new house builds) and I appreicate there's a cost factor, but glad to see it here on the roofs of the charging units.
  2. They had a lot of land filled with solar panels which is likely to mean it can't be used for little else, e.g. crops. This concerns me as the forecast is that the global population will grow and need feeding! If their plans to build other facilites such as these come to fruition, it's a lot of land that could be sacrificed for solar panels.

Their plan is for 100 over a 5 year plan but all won't be like this one depends on planning permission etc but that won't stop them altogether they will just reduce the size.

BP Chargemaster built a futuristic looking multi-point unit just off the M1 near Milton Keynes a couple of years ago next to what they call a Transport Hub. There are 8 Rapid chargers arranged in a triangle underneath 3 large spherical roofs. Unfortunately the services to go with it are a bit sparse. You have to pay to pee and the cafeteria (when open) is basic. I think Ionity also have several rapid chargers there adjacent to BP. When it was first opened I often found I was the only one there which was just as well because more often than not I had to try 2 or 3 units before I found one working. Amazing for brand new units. I gather from Zap Map that it is now quite a popular topping up point. I haven't used it since March but hope to resume next year as it is the perfect mid-point for me from South Coast to the West Midlands.

Guessing keeping them clean would be an issue with all the dirty and grim that will get kicked up?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom