Gridserve at Leigh Delamere

RichardB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone used the chargers at Leigh Delamere on the M4?
Have requested confirmation from Gridserve whether they accept contactless payment but no response yet. Internet info not very clear....

What’s the cost per/kwh does anyone know please?

I used Gridserve at Braintree a couple of weeks ago and it was 24p per Kwh. However you don't get a receipt from the machine!

Leigh Delamere only has ONE, yes ONE charge point and guess what it was occupied!
Tesla nearly always have 8 charge points, so why does Gridserve think we can manage with just ONE?!
It is a joke!

Just to warn you i used gridserve at Leigh delamere .
but after charging to 60% my car hade a battery system failure and would not start .
had to call out aa mg assistant and have car towed back to garage was told battery’s had been unbalanced and after hard resetting car now have to use granny charger until batteries charge to 100% was told by mg that this could take two weeks of slow charging to balance batteries again.

Leigh Delamere only has ONE, yes ONE charge point and guess what it was occupied!
Tesla nearly always have 8 charge points, so why does Gridserve think we can manage with just ONE?!
It is a joke!
I believe these (1 each side) were Ecotricity and have been taken over by Gridserve. They are rolling out more

It is a joke!
But have you noticed even though tesla has the chargers tesla driver always seem to be on non tesla chargers or is that only me noticed it

But have you noticed even though tesla has the chargers tesla driver always seem to be on non tesla chargers or is that only me noticed it
Happened to us at Broxden services in Perth. 12 Tesla chargers unused and a Model 3 on the Chargeplace Scotland charger. Reason.....the CPS is free vend. Can't blame the owner I suppose but a bit of a pain.

Happened to us at Broxden services in Perth. 12 Tesla chargers unused and a Model 3 on the Chargeplace Scotland charger. Reason.....the CPS is free vend. Can't blame the owner I suppose but a bit of a pain.
Dear God !.
That is a bit selfish to be honest, was he sitting in the car at the time ?.
I bet not !.
If so, I would asked him to move and offered him the money if he was hard up !.
If I wanted to do that with a Tesla, I would have sat with the car and moved it, if anybody turned up to use the charger.
He / She must be tighter than two coats of paint !.

Dear God !.
That is a bit selfish to be honest, was he sitting in the car at the time ?.
I bet not !.
If so, I would asked him to move and offered him the money if he was hard up !.
If I wanted to do that with a Tesla, I would have sat with the car and moved it, if anybody turned up to use the charger.
He / She must be tighter than two coats of paint !.
He was standing next to the car having a fag and took great delight when telling me why he wasn't on a supercharger!

Only afterwards did I have the thought that I should have offered him the cash to move.

While I was waiting a bloke in an e-Tron turned up and asked him why, got the same answer. He couldn't believe his ears!!

I now firmly believe that the best option is not to have free chargers. Better to pay and the funds used to keep current chargers working and to extend the availability.

Don't they(you) have free charging on their chargers, I though they paid a subscription up front or something ?
That’s only true of the “older” models - model S & X. They are still honouring this for those cars, but the newer (cheaper) cars have to pay 25p per kWh at a supercharger

That’s only true of the “older” models - model S & X. They are still honouring this for those cars, but the newer (cheaper) cars have to pay 25p per kWh at a supercharger
Only 25p, the tight git. Tesla should open theirs to the public then at least us peasants could opt to pay if Teslas are hogging the free non-Tesla charger(s).

While I was waiting a bloke in an e-Tron turned up and asked him why, got the same answer. He couldn't believe his ears!!
I tell you what, both of you have more control of your temper than I do !.
Let's just say, I don't suffer fools lightly and he WAS a absolute fool !.
I would have offered him the difference in cash and ask him NICELY to move it, if he refused I would have hit the STOP button on the charger first, then told him you not going to need that charge anyway, as you are about to get a free ride in an ambulance - BANG !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom