Gridserve issue at Clacker Lane West bound M25

RogerWill

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, my first away from home charge with our at the time last week 200 miles on the clock, used the above eV charger.
However it took 20 goes to get a charge as the point would not accept my Lloyds Bank or a credit card.The error message said something like" you need to use a registered credit card"
Anyway when it did work, the only observation,I could record was that because of the front charge location of the MG5 and the rather abrupt angle the charge lead is tensioned to the charger " maybe" the connection was not good.
Does anyone recognise this anomaly.
It is a bit awkward with an MG, the front charge point is great, but on the minimalist parking bays, the rear of the car does hangout into the traffic a bit.
Thank you
Roger

It's unlikely to be an issue of the plug being under tension, more likely related to the flakey nature of our card payment system which doesn't like "unusual" wireless transactions. Once your card provider gets used to you spending money at random locations with a supplier like Gridserve it will all be simple.

Is Google pay/Apple pay the solution.
They always seem to work where nothing else will.?

Maybe as a new user the " system" needs to check my card as advised above, now I'm " in" should be ok in future

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom