Has anyone managed to get any freebies out of MG

We're getting a free set of mats when they come in and the servicing too I believe.
WOW that’s a great deal so what is the secret? How do you managed to do that. I’m thinking give one more go when collecting the car to see if I can get something.

Crumbs, I'm going to ask you to come and negotiate for me next time
To be fair I doubt think that would have been the case if they hadn't made a mistake with my first order. I had bought a white showroom model which was then mistakenly transferred to another dealer before my name had been tagged to it .

FYI - this is the MG4 board so this thread only really applies to anyone getting freebies when getting their MG4. ;)
I'm aware, freebies these days are limited to non-existent. Seems all that people are getting, no matter the model, is more horse trading rather than a freebie.

I try and try and couldn't get anything from them. Normally dealer will give something free mat or first year of service etc. I even try to ask for a Hawaiian shirt that was hanging at the wall and they said no.

The dealer said the car price is already the lowest which they can not offer anything else.

Anyone manage to get something out of MG?
Got mats , and first service

I try and try and couldn't get anything from them. Normally dealer will give something free mat or first year of service etc. I even try to ask for a Hawaiian shirt that was hanging at the wall and they said no.

The dealer said the car price is already the lowest which they can not offer anything else.

Anyone manage to get something out of MG?
I am buying an MG 4. My local dealer would not give any discount on the list price because he said the margins are very tight. After asking for various things including free servicing we agreed on free GEN 3 paint protection worth £250 and free MG 4 car mats. I also got a guaranteed fixed trade in as the lead time could be 2 to 3 months and I didn't want them reducing the trade in price when the new car arrived. I think you just need to try asking for different things and see what you can manage to get. You could always try a different MG dealer to compare.

I am buying an MG 4. My local dealer would not give any discount on the list price because he said the margins are very tight. After asking for various things including free servicing we agreed on free GEN 3 paint protection worth £250 and free MG 4 car mats. I also got a guaranteed fixed trade in as the lead time could be 2 to 3 months and I didn't want them reducing the trade in price when the new car arrived. I think you just need to try asking for different things and see what you can manage to get. You could always try a different MG dealer to compare.
A quick word about dealer putting GEN 3 coating on the car.
Please do not let them do it, I saw a black ZS in my local dealer with it on and it highlighted the paint swirls, they will not detail the car before putting it on and this will highlight any/ all paint "defects". For £250 it wont be applied properly and will only last approx 3 years. I have been doing lots of research along with having a boss that has had his BMW M4 and wife's Aston Martin done professionally, you may as well have them do the maguires wax for that which has to be redone every 9 - 12 months to keep shine and make the car easy to wash.
I mentioned that I am going to have my 4 done when it arrives and the dealer added it to my order despite me saying I was going to have it done by a detailer and only found out when I checked order before signing pcp paperwork. As a rough idea, mine is having , Detailing, 2 coats of ceramic coating, it will be with the detailer for 3-4 days expected cost £350 - £400. with the coating estimated to last 8-10 years.

Don't tell the Scottish lass on the podcast but I got free mats with mine ;)
And a type 2 cable but I figure everyone gets that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back