Has anyone successfully used Tesla Superchargers with their MG4?

dan1845

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all,

So this clearly shows that I am new to the EV world and I am searching for the answers to topics prior to delivery of my MG4.

Has or does anyone use the Tesla chargers? I have one near my home address luckily and could be the best way for me to charge as I live in a block of flats currently until we move and can go the traditional route of a home EV charger.

Are they compatible with the 4 or are they an overkill for the MG? All this KWh malarkey is still baffling to me and slowly getting there!

Thanks

Hi all,

So this clearly shows that I am new to the EV world and I am searching for the answers to topics prior to delivery of my MG4.

Has or does anyone use the Tesla chargers? I have one near my home address luckily and could be the best way for me to charge as I live in a block of flats currently until we move and can go the traditional route of a home EV charger.

Are they compatible with the 4 or are they an overkill for the MG? All this KWh malarkey is still baffling to me and slowly getting there!

Thanks
A limited number of Tesla superchargers are available for non-Teslas to use. Most are not.

Edit: Southampton is not part of the trial. Some members have reported successful charging with an MG4 at a trial Tesla site.

The below link may be helpful to you. Looks like you will need the Tesla app, sorry don't own an electric vehicle so don't know the full detail.

I think there's a thread on here somewhere, were someone has used a Tesla charger, so would guess they're certainly compatible but not all are open to non-Tesla cars. Pretty expensive if you ask me £0.60+ /KW. Can run a Petrol car cheaper than charging on Tesla chargers.

Hi all,

Thanks

Doh…. Didn’t search on here first sorry but thanks

Hi all,

Thanks
If you download the free Tesla app, there is a tab on it that say non Tesla charging, click on that and you can see on its map the Tesla chargers that are in the trial and if there are any near you. It will also show you the cost for pay as you go charging and the optional monthly membership costs. There are many YouTube videos of people successfully charging on Tesla superchargers in the mg4.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel