Having trouble pairing MG zs ev trophy connect with the iSmart app!

Seif

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Having trouble pairing MG zs ev trophy connect with the iSmart app!

The car doesn't even display a qr code to scan and the when trying to login manually I get a message saying the vehicle is not activated. Anyone having the same problem and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_153733_edit_638964363814479.jpg
    IMG_20220315_153733_edit_638964363814479.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_20220315_153746_edit_638921791476986.jpg
    IMG_20220315_153746_edit_638921791476986.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 410
I've been able to register the app on my phone, but I have no way of pairing it to the car because the QR code doesn't display and when I try login manually on the car screen I get a message saying the vehicle is not Activated

Has any of the problem solving in the existing iSmart topics helped at all?
Any chance someone else is already bound to the car, as has happened to some users?

Has any of the problem solving in the existing iSmart topics helped at all?
Any chance someone else is already bound to the car, as has happened to some users?
I've had a look at some of them and couldn't find the exact problem I'm experiencing.

I think it's highly unlikely it's already bound as it's brand new

I've figured it out for anyone who has the same issue, you have to first activate the vehicle before you can connect to the app, this can be done in the settings menu of the car.

On the settings screen have you scrolled down on right hand side where it says bind car took me a day or two to find it after finally getting verification code

Did it differ to either of the in-car bind instructions shown the Luscombe's video? Was there a step missed?
Yes the car in their video must have already been "activated" in settings so they could just connect to the app straight away using the QR code. If the car is not activated then the QR code won't show and the car won't connect.

Yes the car in their video must have already been "activated" in settings so they could just connect to the app straight away using the QR code. If the car is not activated then the QR code won't show and the car won't connect.
Thank you! That's really handy to know, especially as it'll likely come up again. I wonder if they're meant to activate it during the PDI.

Hello. I have resolved the problem all by myself after few hectic hours of uncertainty and dismal.
To begin with, I got my brand new MG ZS EV long range, Luxury ( Trophy connect in the UK) yesterday, but failed to even download the application MG iSMART as the Google store states it is not available in my country ( France)...?!?!
Then the dealership TD me I have to change my mobile with a compatible one...!!??!?
My phone runs on Android 12.5.10 and being a super cool Xiaomi Mi10T Pro 5G, 256 GB and had no intention to do so only to have the application running.
So few hours later I have found this link

MG iSMART 1.1.4 APK

Download MG iSMART 1.1.4 APK for Android - com.saicmotor.iov.europe. Created by SAIC MOTOR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. in Entertainment

apksos.com

downloaded the app file, had it installed and instantly my life turned back normal.
It takes few attempts, indeed to set all the password, the account, the secret 4 digit code, but it is all self-explanatory, easy and quick to do. I found it much easier to be inside the car, while setting all up. Can't tell.wether it was the cable connection or what, but now I have an active, perfectly operational app and can really profit from the MG iSMART advantages.
Good luck to you all.

I've figured it out for anyone who has the same issue, you have to first activate the vehicle before you can connect to the app, this can be done in the settings menu of the car.
I can’t even find activate in the menu …..driving me mad

I can’t even find activate in the menu …..driving me mad
If it's the HS you have, iSmart isn't part of that car's functionality IIRC :unsure:. Or are you trying to set this up on a facelift ZS?

I’ve followed all the recommended steps here, watched the video, got the code for the app, etc. However, I am still unable to activate the head unit which is needed before binding the app and enabling some other functions.

i have connected the car to WI-Fi and to my phone‘s hotspot and neither are making any difference. Short of going in to the nearest MG garage, are there any final suggestions?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom