Hazard Lights Flashing

Definitely not, it's the indicators. I have seen it happen a couple of times when someone switches lanes behind me when I'm stationary at traffic lights and they come close to the car as they pass the rear quarter.

It's a really rapid flash rate.

Definitely not, it's the indicators. I have seen it happen a couple of times when someone switches lanes behind me when I'm stationary at traffic lights and they come close to the car as they pass the rear quarter.

It's a really rapid flash rate.
Same here, if waiting or approaching someone in front you can see the reflection of the front vertical indicators in the car in front, very rapid flash.

Was just going to add my MG5 does that if you break heavily so it's a visual warning for other cars that a car is breaking heavily in front so they can react, useful feature but embarrassing to get it to stop.

A lot of cars do this, but it should only trigger under absolute emergency braking.
Like proper standing on the brakes with all your might, enough to trigger the ABS.
If your car is doing this in anything other than emergency braking/ABS triggered scenarios, there’s something wrong.

A lot of cars do this, but it should only trigger under absolute emergency braking.
Like proper standing on the brakes with all your might, enough to trigger the ABS.
If your car is doing this in anything other than emergency braking/ABS triggered scenarios, there’s something wrong.
We are talking about different things. The front collision assist on my Golf did this, slammed on the brakes and when you stopped started the hazard lights. But we now have three separate times the hazards may flash in this thread!

The OP was about the proximity alert to warn other drivers to stay further away from your car.

We are talking about different things. The front collision assist on my Golf did this, slammed on the brakes and when you stopped started the hazard lights. But we now have three separate times the hazards may flash in this thread!

The OP was about the proximity alert to warn other drivers to stay further away from your car.

I wasn’t replying to the OP though.

Necro on a month old thread, but I noticed this for the first time today.
Sat at traffic lights, stationary behind others in the middle of 3 lanes.
Left lane flowing freely, middle and right stopped at lights, right lane empty to the side of me.
Cars behind me (can't remember how long they had been there)

Noticed rapid flashing in the corner of my eye, and thought it was the blind spot alert, but no, it was the indicators flashing, much faster than the normal indicator/hazard speed.

No idea what caused it, or why it happened, but not noticed before.

Others have reported this. Could be the rear collision warning and it's picking up the cars moving in the other lane. According to the owner's manual it should sound an alarm, unless because you are not moving the car dispenses with the alarm and just flashes the indicators.

1695099436983.png

I was going to book mine in to get this looked at but if others are experiencing this it may not be worth it, I'll have to learn to live with it

It's simply a warning to approaching vehicles that the car thinks could possibly collide. It's just a warning, makes no noise so not really a problem at all. You only ever see it if you catch the reflection from other vehicles.

It's simply a warning to approaching vehicles that the car thinks could possibly collide. It's just a warning, makes no noise so not really a problem at all. You only ever see it if you catch the reflection from other vehicles.
This bit I'm not too bothered with, it's when it flashes when in standstill traffic and it flashes when oncoming cars in the other lane pass, I kind of feel that any cars behind would think I've broken down or something

This bit I'm not too bothered with, it's when it flashes when in standstill traffic and it flashes when oncoming cars in the other lane pass, I kind of feel that any cars behind would think I've broken down or something
I think it would still be worth letting your dealer know exactly what's happening even if there is no fix at the moment so they can report it to MG.

Thanks for the replies, might just leave it to see how often it does it. Also, should this prompt a warning on the dash? Because I only ever see it from the corner of my eye on the wing mirror
Sure you're not seeing the blind spot alert?

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel