• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Headlight bulbs

My PIAAs arrived today and I installed them (the screw back of the light is rather stiff to unscrew and like others I managed to snap one of the two tabs that hold the housing to the light, but they went back in snugly enough, should be easier to remove with just one on each next time). Going to take the car for a spin in a bit, but it already looks much better.

These ones. Night Eye LEDS
Listing says "each" but it's for a pair.
Hi
Used the link and checked compatibility and it comes back with;

This item doesn't fit MG MG ZS 2020 Electric SUV EV FWD -- -- -- 105KW 143HP TZ204XS105K02.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd take some of these "doesn't fit" ...listing with a picnic on salt...sometimes. I often get it with my classic cars parts....when I know it can in fact be used.

Hi
Used the link and checked compatibility and it comes back with;

This item doesn't fit MG MG ZS 2020 Electric SUV EV FWD -- -- -- 105KW 143HP TZ204XS105K02.
They definitely fit, both @Mike and myself have fitted them.

They were very easy to install - just found it slightly difficult removing the old ones from the holder.

Other than that they were work great and really compliment the Daytime running lights on the car.

These ones. Night Eye LEDS
Listing says "each" but it's for a pair.
I have bought these and they fit perfectly and work far better than the stock headlights. Really pleased with them.

The rear cover to access the bulbs in the car are extremely difficult to get open. I had to use a damp rag for grip. It only turns anticlockwise a couple of inches and then you can pop thye cover off. There's a little tab on the cover to help you pop it off too. The bulb then is easy to access and removal is again a little anticlockwise turn. Just be gentle lifting the two plastic tabs to separate the wiring plug from the bulb. Swap the bulbs and then just reverse the procedure. Just make sure you push the bulbs into the wiring plug fully otherwise they won't work!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It took me a while to work out what the tab was for, I was trying to unscrew the cover further for about 10 minutes before I realised. :rolleyes:
homer-doh.jpg

I'd take some of these "doesn't fit" ...listing with a picnic on salt...sometimes. I often get it with my classic cars parts....when I know it can in fact be used.
Reminds me of one time back in the 80s when I went to price a new indicator flasher unit for a Rover SD1 V8, the Rover one, in a box labelled "Rover" was £3.50, a Unipart one in a Unipart box, with exactly the same part number, was 60p. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of one time back in the 80s when I went to price a new indicator flasher unit for a Rover SD1 V8, the Rover one, in a box labelled "Rover" was £3.50, a Unipart one in a Unipart box, with exactly the same part number, was 60p. :rolleyes:

That also reminds me of a time I needed an electric power steering pump/reservoir for my Audi. Some research proved an identical Bosch part for Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda. All with different manufacturer labels, part numbers, & packaging. The Audi part was £395, the lowest priced was the Seat part at £182!

I can only agree that the headlights are terrible
I travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow everyday and struggle to see the road lines in the dark and rain/snow.
I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the Night Eye leds.
Are these simple to fit?
Anyone got pics of how to do it?
Thanks

Yes they are pretty good but not as good as xenon, which I may change to eventually.
Easy to fit, unscrew the round plate on rear of headlamp.
The old bulb turns anticlockwise to remove, then unplug cable then fit new one in its place and replace covers.
There are a couple of videos on utube how to do it if your struggling.

then unplug cable then fit new one
This is the bit that I would say has a 50% snap rate. The bulb is held by two plastic tabs on the housing, on both of mine I managed to snap one of them when leavering them up with a trim remover to pull off the old bulb. There isn’t a lot of flex to play with and you are in a tight part of the engine bay. Aside from that as @Srp111 says, it’s a simple job.

Some people have found the caps and the bulbs are a tight fit, but otherwise no problem, and yes, the tabs break off easily. But the connectors stay connected.
Can recommend PIAA, tried Osram but not as white as the PIAA. Had no problems with mounting them. Just be careful and remember how you took them out. Caps are rotated anti clockwise and then you flick them off by pulling on the plastic tag on the cap. Bulbs are removed also by turning anti clockwise. Take the connector to the plug off after you have removed the bulb. I put some vaseline on the seal around the caps before I replaced them.

They were very easy to install - just found it slightly difficult removing the old ones from the holder.

Other than that they were work great and really compliment the Daytime running lights on the car.
Hi Wazamania, the link comes up with a KATUR bulb 9005 HB3 is this the one you guys have used, its all a bit confusing as none I have looked at are recommended. If not the one could you advise which I.D number bulb you would recommend..

Hi Wazamania, the link comes up with a KATUR bulb 9005 HB3 is this the one you guys have used, its all a bit confusing as none I have looked at are recommended. If not the one could you advise which I.D number bulb you would recommend..
Correct - you need to get 9005 HB3.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom