• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Heated rear window missing at top 3”

Hi Pto, I showed dealer the email I got ( similar to yours I guess) he said the reply from MG was not from their tech dept but from customer relations who probably didn’t know, he stated categorically it was an aerial…. And, as we know dealers are always right…..
Hi
at this time unless I had a look at a workshop manual to prove this not sure who is wright, both can not solve the gearbox problem.

Hi Pto, I showed dealer the email I got ( similar to yours I guess) he said the reply from MG was not from their tech dept but from customer relations who probably didn’t know, he stated categorically it was an aerial…. And, as we know dealers are always right…..
Left hand - Right Hand 🤷‍♂️ ?.

Hi JTO, so, confirmation from dealer that the top three wires are the DAB radio aerial, the shark fin is the gps and the other radio aerials, he said that one of the other MG's has a similar system using the bottom couple of wires.... this makes sense as most HS owners on here say theirs do not desist at the top. I have however contacted MG again with the query reworded so they can confirm the dealer is correct.... hey ho !
Hi PuallyB yeh the other MG your dealer talk about not de-misting at the bottom wires is the MG5 I have written to them as well with regard to this issue but nothing back as yet some say is for the dad radio and they might well be right as the 5 has no shark fin there is a thread running on this in the 5 section of the forum
Les

I made "No Stickers" a condition of sale when I bought my MG5.
I'm with you alb on this one, hate stickers especially the Arnold cheapy Clark ones!
one time, back when I worked for a living I went to pick up my new company Audi 6 and saw the sticker proudly displayed, I asked the salesman how much am I getting to advertise his company to which he replied nada! I gently then asked him to remove the sticker before I drove off

Got this today

We’re sorry for the late response as we were looking further into your enquiry.

Apologise for the information provided in the previous email, please see below for the correct information.

For the MG HS PHEV, the Shark Fin Antenna controls the infotainment system and the GPS. The tailgate back 3 elements is for the radio.

For the MG HS PHEV, the Shark Fin Antenna controls the infotainment system and the GPS. The tailgate back 3 elements is for the radio.
What part of the infotainment system is the shark fin antenna used for then, it covers the GPS ( Sat Nav ) okay - fine.
But the three elements in HRW is used as a signal for the radio reception then ???.
Maybe I am a bit thick, but what am I missing her folks ?.
Is there DAB functions radio for the HS - now is this getting a reception ?.

Hi everyone, ok so I have had confirmation from MG and our dealer here in Corby, on the HS PHEV the sharks fin holds the infotainment aerial, the GPS aerial, the top three lines in the rear windscreen heating element are for the DAB radio and serve NO function to de-mist the screen. So, mystery solved, it might have been nice if the manual actually told us this… never mind, all ok now then. Thanks to everyone for their comments. Paul.

Got this today

We’re sorry for the late response as we were looking further into your enquiry.

Apologise for the information provided in the previous email, please see below for the correct information.

Yes, I got the same, all cleared up then…

Hi everyone, ok so I have had confirmation from MG and our dealer here in Corby, on the HS PHEV the sharks fin holds the infotainment aerial, the GPS aerial, the top three lines in the rear windscreen heating element are for the DAB radio and serve NO function to de-mist the screen. So, mystery solved, it might have been nice if the manual actually told us this… never mind, all ok now then. Thanks to everyone for their comments. Paul.
Tidy !.
So the FM comes via the HRW also ?.
Unscrewing the mast would result in a loss of Sat Nav only I guess ?.

It's interesting that performance (DAB reception can be patchy after all) is sacrificed in the name of aesthetics.

Just taken mine back to the dealer, complaining that the top three elements don't work, they have come back to me saying that they have done some research and they are not heated, they are the radio aerial.
Thought they would have known already, but now they do.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom