Heated Steering Wheel

I'm going to guess no.

The wheel contains not only the heating element but also the air bag and a slightly different set of controls.

Even it physically fit on the splined column, the issue would be coding the ECU to accept it.

Likely a none starter.

I once swapped out a Golf Mk7 DSG standard steering wheel for one with flappy paddles. With the exception of the paddles themselves, the wheel was the same, but I still had to do the ECU coding with a special OBDII adapter. Dealing with the airbag disconnection was also not for the faint hearted...

Are there any aftermarket accessories that anyone has tried to get something like a heated steering wheel for the ZS? Haven't really checked so wondering if anyone else has

I'm going to guess no.

The wheel contains not only the heating element but also the air bag and a slightly different set of controls.

Even it physically fit on the splined column, the issue would be coding the ECU to accept it.

Likely a none starter.

I once swapped out a Golf Mk7 DSG standard steering wheel for one with flappy paddles. With the exception of the paddles themselves, the wheel was the same, but I still had to do the ECU coding with a special OBDII adapter. Dealing with the airbag disconnection was also not for the faint hearted...
Thank you. I did not realize it would be so complicated. Love my Zs Trophy connect long range but the heated steering wheel is an extra I would have willingly paid for.
Thanks again.

A heated steering wheel is nice. Had it in the Ioniq. One of those things that you didn't realise you need it until you have it.

Can you use the touchscreen with gloves?

Jo heated steering wheel.. wear gloves, but then can’t use the cabin heating controls in the touchscreen

@dangerfieldm - I bought some cycling gloves from M&S, which have touchscreen pads on some of the fingers. They are perfect, thin enough to be comfortable for driving, and do help with keeping off the chill from the steering wheel in winter.
However, I would also have paid extra for a heated steering wheel…….

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom