Heater ticking

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone else's heater make a ticking noise?

It only happens when the heater kicks in (first red blob) and it ticks constantly. It's not loud but it's annoying.

Wanted to know if mine is faulty or not.

It only happens when the heater kicks in (first red blob) and it ticks constantly. It's not loud but it's annoying.

Never heard that noise, i have very good hearing and anything like that really bugs me.

Upvote 0
I have mine on one blob fan speed a lot and sit in the stationary car with it like this sometimes - I’ve not heard any ticking from it

Upvote 0
Mine is the same , going to have a look when it gets a bit warmer . I only notice it when stationary , on the move I don't hear it .

Upvote 1
Perhaps it's a fault somewhere. If you're stationary and turn it to one blob of the red it engages the heater and I can hear a constant ticking. Doesn't increase in pitch or speed if I turn the heating up or increase fan speed, but as soon as the heater disengages the noise stops.

Upvote 0
Ok. I rarely have mine on. I’ve heard of noisy AC units. Does it tick with AC off?

Upvote 0
I also run my AC in winter as I was advised it is could practice to allow refrigerant gas and oil to circulate and lubricate the system.
It's generally good practice to run it for a while maybe once a week or so.

I loaned my pick up to my ex many years ago, and she never turned the ac on for over a year... when I finally got it back, the ac was knackered. All the coolant had leaked out.

Upvote 0
Don't worry about using the A/C in the MG ZS EV if you need it or your windows mist up . It's pretty efficient watch Bjorn Nylands video

Upvote 0

Yes its the fan operating.In an ICE car we wouldnt hear it. When the speed is increased it is covered by the noise of the motor . Took me ages to work out what it was.

Upvote 0

Funnily enough we were just out watching the sea and beach to get relief from cabin fever and sure enough we heard the heater ticking, it’s the kind of thing that once you notice it you can’t not notice it!

Upvote 0
Funnily enough we were just out watching the sea and beach to get relief from cabin fever and sure enough we heard the heater ticking, it’s the kind of thing that once you notice it you can’t not notice it!

not listening dumb and dumber GIF
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 1

How did you get this fixed?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom