Hello from a new owner!

Simon853

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking and reading threads for a while to get an idea of owners' experiences before I took delivery of a 9 month old 3000 mile orange Trophy 5 days ago.

Got to say I'm really enjoying the car so far. It's a joy to drive, even on a boring commute.

Great to see all the useful information and informative civil discussions here. No doubt I'll have questions, but so far have gotten away with Google searches (often leading here) and reading the manual (imagine that!)

Si

Welcome. I completely agree with you. Doesn't matter what MG4 version you have, they are lots of fun to drive, even on the daily commute to work. I'm just over a year into my ownership and this forum has been so useful.

Also nothing wrong with a bit of RTFM.

20230430_164900.jpg

Simon. 🙂👍

Had ours for two months today. Everything is going well. Keep reading - in the last two days on here I've learned about the wifi-hotspot and using the voice control.

"Hey everyone! Excited to join this awesome community! In just a few days, I'll be getting my hands on the new Mg4 SE LR. Any tips or advice from your own experience on how to take care of it and what to watch out for? Can't wait to hear your thoughts!"

Welcome, ahhh, I remember the excitement of the anticipation ( all of 2 months ago 😂 ) . Loved mine so far ( same model)..
Most important bit, what colour ?
When you get it there should be documentation that includes the date it was made. Mine was already 10 months old by the time I got it, so brace yourself not to be disappointed if that's the case.

By all means let it take control with all the 'assists' but if you can't get on with them, putting it in tow mode is the easiest way to ensure you don't have to deactivate it all every time you climb in.

The sound of the audio is fine but may need setting, worth checking out if you like your sounds.

Don't get overly distraught if your undertray sags - it's a feature rather than a fault according to MG. Worth getting down on your hands and knees for a quick check ( between rear wheels) before you drive off and maybe a pic or two to record either yay or nay.

Other than that a most enjoyable car to drive and, touch wood, not had a single issue yet 😁👍

Last edited:
"Hey everyone! Excited to join this awesome community! In just a few days, I'll be getting my hands on the new Mg4 SE LR. Any tips or advice from your own experience on how to take care of it and what to watch out for? Can't wait to hear your thoughts!"
If you've not seen it, my guide may be useful MG4 Trophy - a Guide

Welcome- Love the car too, a fault I have is still not fixed, “SOS CALL failure” flashes on intermittently, been in twice to get fixed, still keeps happening, so I get an EV courtesy car & wait til available so they can have another go! Keep getting new replacements, so eventually they’ll fix it I suppose, the light goes out after a few minutes and sometimes doesn’t happen for days. More irritating than anything else because it’s such a fun car & not too small!

I've just had mine in for the 4th time for this. I've not driven enough to be sure, but it does feel fixed. Multiple very short journeys and no error AFAIK, which was previously unusual.

I did get a couple of errors on the first 2 trips, but they were too quick to read, probably something else, and most likely caused by stuff done during the service.

Previous times they did 9 other updates I think, as the car was a May 23 build.

Anyway, managed to get a photo of the job sheet if that helps at all.

Attachments

• 20240409_154005.jpg
    20240409_154005.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 37

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member