Hello from Trinidad and Tobago!

evogerard

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hello Everyone! I've been reading on this forum for sometime and decided to join. I've recently purchased an MG4 X-power and I absolutely love it!
To me it was the best compromise between an economical car and a sporty car. I drive it in eco mode most of the time on weekdays (which is still pretty zippy for me) and on weekends or when I'm at traffic light ;) it's in sport mode.

One burning question I've had since owning: how do you achieve the sub 4 second 0-60mph? I've been able to achieve a 4.02 second 0-60mph and a 12.2 1/4 mile time.

Reason why I'm asking this is new year I want to enter the car in a couple drag race events. The MG brand and the car itself is quite new to my country so it would be fun to see it go down the track and shock a few ICE owners 🤣

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 7.51.51 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 7.51.51 AM.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 84
Congrats on your purchase. That's a slick cool colour. Wish I had that colour pallette here in Indonesia...

Try removing the stuff like covers, seats, all the stuff in the boot .... haha

One burning question I've had since owning: how do you achieve the sub 4 second 0-60mph? I've been able to achieve a 4.02 second 0-60mph and a 12.2 1/4 mile time.

Hi and welcome to the forum, you live in a lovely part of the world. Have you followed the launch control process?

Hi and welcome to the forum, you live in a lovely part of the world. Have you followed the launch control process?
From what I've see on the internet I think so?
Left foot on the brakes. Right foot hard down on the accelerator. It "bumps" fwd a lil bit and then builds to around 66% then release the brakes?

I get a slight delay/bog and then it takes off. I was wondering if I'm doing it correctly?

Hmmm Smooth slick colour - NICE .. Welcome to the forum ..

Yeah its the Launch control ....

Its something like...

Park up ..

Engage SPORT MODE

Put left foot on brake hold down hard ... Depress the Go pedal all the way - hold both .. wait for the clunk.. (you'll know what I mean when you feel it) - Err then lift left foot (brake off fully) & err feel your head hit the head restraint ..

What pressures are the rear tyres at? And the fronts?
You are timing it using the on board computer or a standalone timing device? High speed video using a mobile device?
What charge % is the battery?
How many miles has it done?
Is the a/c on?

What pressures are the rear tyres at? And the fronts?
You are timing it using the on board computer or a standalone timing device? High speed video using a mobile device?
What charge % is the battery?
How many miles has it done?
Is the a/c on?
The tyres are at 260kpa. I'd love to change that to psi. I'm using a dragy as the timing device. Battery % was probably below 50%. The car has 2000km on the clock. I think the a/c was on 🤦🏽

Hmmm Smooth slick colour - NICE .. Welcome to the forum ..

Yeah its the Launch control ....

Its something like...

Park up ..

Engage SPORT MODE

Put left foot on brake hold down hard ... Depress the Go pedal all the way - hold both .. wait for the clunk.. (you'll know what I mean when you feel it) - Err then lift left foot (brake off fully) & err feel your head hit the head restraint ..

Be interesting to know why Sport mode is required. Assuming your foot is planted to the floor, you'd get 100% power whichever mode you're in?

Welcome, lovely car

Be interesting to know why Sport mode is required. Assuming your foot is planted to the floor, you'd get 100% power whichever mode you're in?

Welcome, lovely car
Launch control isn't just 100% power - it changes some of the setup of the car to help it launch. There's a slight 'clunk' you can feel as it engages. Presume it's something to do with the eDiff on the rear axle, likely locking it so if a wheel spins it keeps it going.

Launch control isn't just 100% power - it changes some of the setup of the car to help it launch. There's a slight 'clunk' you can feel as it engages. Presume it's something to do with the eDiff on the rear axle, likely locking it so if a wheel spins it keeps it going.

Your right it's 60%

In launch, as you wait for the "clunk"
Look at the power meter and it stops at 60% 👍
OP you could do with 100 miles on the tyres before you get maximum grip I reckon.
That sure is tasty in Silver!

Any one else with the s/w v46 - tried Launch in NON X-Power 4's ... I'm not saying I have nor am I saying I havent ..
There’s a whole thread I started a while back on the topic of launch control on non-x-power models. Just not to hijack this thread
Thread 'Launch control: is it just for x-power?'
Launch control: is it just for x-power?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums