Help HV battery shutdown!!! šŸ˜­

What a worry, did the 12V battery thing and it did nothing, waited for the AA dude to arrive and he was perplexed, as he switched it on and HV shutdown warning came up, then switched off and wiggled the steering wheel and it suddenly jolted, like a steering lock had just been released and then the Ready sign suddenly appeared. AA dude and mine šŸ¤Æ

Iā€™ve had it where the brake pedal was for some reason very firm and needed a really forceful press in order for the vehicle to ā€œstartā€.

What a worry, did the 12V battery thing and it did nothing, waited for the AA dude to arrive and he was perplexed, as he switched it on and HV shutdown warning came up, then switched off and wiggled the steering wheel and it suddenly jolted, like a steering lock had just been released and then the Ready sign suddenly appeared. AA dude and mine šŸ¤Æ
Sometimes, I have witnessed if you have closed down the car and the front wheels have been turned at a tight angle, then because the tyres have a tight grip to the road surface, when you then try to boot up the car the following day, then there is a lot of load placed on the steering column lock.
This can result in an issue when the car attempts to boot up the next time.
As part of the next boot up process, it needs to disengage the steering column lock in order to complete the sequence.
I have seen the steering wheel actually jump, as the steering lock tries to release.
Wiggling the steering wheel, as the boot up process commences, removes any load placed on the steering column lock.
This maybe what happened on your car ?.
Because as soon as the steering wheel was ā€œwiggledā€ from to side to side, the steering column lock was released and the start up process was allowed to continue ?.

I have the HV battery shutdown message anyone know how to reset car MG ZS EV 2022 model?
Please update about your situation. My experience is that it is best to take the vehicle to the MG authorised dealership. They will hook up the car to their computer and resolve the malfunction. The malfunction in my case was caused due to the failure (age of) the 12V battery. Even after replacing that battery, the error does not go away on its own and requires MG dealership to remove it using their computer software.

Good Luck!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom