Help me decipher what this Ohme charging screen is saying?

mailmannz

Established Member
Reaction score
Tonight I’ve plugged the car in and have the schedule set for 50% by 529am so as to make the most of the Octopus intelligent 6 hour 7.5p charging window.

But how come the Ohme diagramme comes up as below? Reading it it’s telling me a 50% charge is going to take longer than 6 hours??

At other times a 50% charge has a diagramme that doesn’t start until something like 2am?? Although the scale is quite hard to accurately tell what time charging will actually start??

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 60
Ohme with intelligent Octopus has a dynamic charge schedule, taking into account things like green energy and grid load, and I have noticed it will charge outside the fixed slots more often lately.

I think it also defaults to “charge better for battery” so will try and slow charge often.

As I understood it all charges scheduled by Ohme will be on the cheap rate. But I have no guarantee of that.
Last charge we had it was also not ready by the time we set it to finish so maybe they are having some software issues of themselves.

@5teep: since MG doesn’t publish their API the charger can’t see your actual state of charge so it is “add x% by” so it always starts from 0 even if you charge from 90%

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom