Help, Phone is silent

PeteJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a Samsung A50 connected by Bluetooth and cable to my MG-EV. The car has just had a new sunroof fitted - another story- but now when I make or receive a call I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. It worked fine before the long visit to the garage. When I push the microphone button on the steering wheel I get a message something like 'Microphone needs permission.' Any suggestions.

Without looking in the car, I can't remember where the mic is - is it up near the sun visor/central interior lights? If so, could it or the wiring have been damaged duting your sunroof work? That said, it does sound like something far simpler, try searhcing online.

Upvote 0
If the sunroof and fittings have been out perhaps the microphone is disconnected? Why did you have a new sunroof?

Upvote 0
Very sorry for the delay in replying to you all unfortunately my wife ruptured her achilies tendon also fracturing her femur and spent a few days in hospital so I have been a bit busy. The car is being returned to the dealer to have the microphone checked out but I have to wait until early May for them to be able to provide a courtesy car. I feel very frustrated a not being able to talk directly with a technician as the problem will probably be very easy to rectify One interesting thing is that the new sunroof is an improvement on the leaking one. The old one was so noisy that I was unable to drive at more that 30 mph with it open but can now travel at 60mph in comfort. The wind deflector seems a little taller than the old one. I do not know if this one leaks as there has been no rain since collecting the car.

Upvote 0
Glad your sunroof is sorted, and sounds as though the mic fix is on the way at long last - let us know what they come up with please. Sorry to hear about your wife's troubles :(

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom