Hi has any one had this come up on there zs.

Brian fairs

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
20211121_092856.jpg

Your battery is full, theres no room for regen, once you drive for a bit it will work again. This is by design.
The problem is that if you are in regen 2or 3 when driving when you take
your foot of the throttle the regen braking is more like regen one. Which is OK if the car tells you but it doesn't always which can be fun in traffic and you are expecting it to slow down and it does not.

The problem is that if you are in regen 2or 3 when driving when you take
your foot of the throttle the regen braking is more like regen one. Which is OK if the car tells you but it doesn't always which can be fun in traffic and you are expecting it to slow down and it does not.
I think it only warns you when there is no regen space in the battery at all, if there is some then it probably think its doesn't need to warn? Thats my theory anyway!

If you have the latest BMS software update, you are unlikely to see this message as the top battery buffer has been increased. At full charge you will get an indicated voltage of 449/450v as opposed to 455v with the more dated BMS software.

If you have the latest BMS software update, you are unlikely to see this message as the top battery buffer has been increased. At full charge you will get an indicated voltage of 449/450v as opposed to 455v with the more dated BMS software.
I have the up to date BMS and still get the regen message.

Ive had this message when battery is not full but its cold.
I have the up to date BMS and still get the regen message.
Agreed, it does it if it's pretty cold too.
Regen can pump some 100+ amps / 45+kW into the battery, so it needs to be warm enough to ensure it can handle that kind of power (a bit like when charging on a rapid, it won't go as quick if it isn't warm enough)

Agreed, it does it if it's pretty cold too.
Regen can pump some 100+ amps / 45+kW into the battery, so it needs to be warm enough to ensure it can handle that kind of power (a bit like when charging on a rapid, it won't go as quick if it isn't warm enough)
I have the latest BMS update applied and I get the warning only now and again.
If I have carried out a full charge and balance, then I see the warning on boot up some times.
Also, you will see a decline in the strength of the Regen effectivity, when the ambient temperature is low, around freezing.
Nothing to do with the BMS update, just a fact in the EV world.

I have the latest BMS update applied and I get the warning only now and again.
If I have carried out a full charge and balance, then I see the warning on boot up some times.
Also, you will see a decline in the strength of the Regen effectivity, when the ambient temperature is low, around freezing.
Nothing to do with the BMS update, just a fact in the EV world.
Also happens on the 5 when fully charged until it gets down to around 98-97% also the strength of regen is less until the % is down to about 95%
Les

I noticed a couple days ago when the ambient temperature was 2 deg C, battery at around 50% full, regen wasn't as strong.

Yep ! - Situation normal when the ambient temperature is around zero degrees or below.
If you fully charge and use the car on very cold day, your Regen is almost zero.
Cars with the latest BMS update has stronger Regen from an earlier point after fully charging in normal driving conditions.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom