Hi self isolating MG5 ev on the drive

RalphsMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi new car delivered Monday pinged on Tuesday so not really driven yet :(

but been busy modding with tinting windows and new MG valve caps can’t wait till my ten days are up.

Attachments

• E51E58E0-10C7-4EC6-BD2B-B0EE4F6CECA5.jpeg
    E51E58E0-10C7-4EC6-BD2B-B0EE4F6CECA5.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 325AD103-BB8E-4993-8181-84BC46A95AE1.jpeg
    325AD103-BB8E-4993-8181-84BC46A95AE1.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 1B103BD7-DD4B-4F5C-B7C7-9DFD880BC885.jpeg
    1B103BD7-DD4B-4F5C-B7C7-9DFD880BC885.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 229
Looks very nice did you go with the standard range or the new long range which dealers are calling the entry level tesla beater as a 40k basic model 3 on does 210 miles the MG 5 LR 250 for half the price.
If I get one would be tempered todo matt black, chrome delete and possibly tints.

Looks very nice did you go with the standard range or the new long range which dealers are calling the entry level tesla beater as a 40k basic model 3 on does 210 miles the MG 5 LR 250 for half the price.
If I get one would be tempered todo matt black, chrome delete and possibly tints.
It’s the standard range ex demonstrator.coming from a 40kw Leaf tekna i know the 214mile will be plenty for me

looks a very smart car.. :) ...(not into matt black personally) but each to their own.

Hi new car delivered Monday pinged on Tuesday so not really driven yet :(

but been busy modding with tinting windows and new MG valve caps can’t wait till my ten days are up.
Hi - nice car - enjoy it once you’re allowed 👌. - a wee word of warning on the valve dust caps. I fitted them to a car some years ago. After a while I couldn’t remove them to check the pressures - the whole valve turned. I had to visit the tyre depot and have all four valves replaced 🤦‍♂️
if I fitted them again I’d use plenty of silicone grease or copper slip or similar.

Hi - nice car - enjoy it once you’re allowed 👌. - a wee word of warning on the valve dust caps. I fitted them to a car some years ago. After a while I couldn’t remove them to check the pressures - the whole valve turned. I had to visit the tyre depot and have all four valves replaced 🤦‍♂️
if I fitted them again I’d use plenty of silicone grease or copper slip or similar.
Thanks that will entertain me for another 10 mins good advice

Something else you may want to think about.....A slight smear of copper grease on the back face of the wheel / wheel hub..is no bad thing. If the wheels dont get removed for a year or two, they can STICK even when you remove all the wheel nuts.

I had this on a Jeep and no matter how hard I bashed things with a copper hammer ...I ended up having the wheel nuts very loose and driving up and down the road ..until it finally came free!

Something else you may want to think about.....A slight smear of copper grease on the back face of the wheel / wheel hub..is no bad thing. If the wheels dont get removed for a year or two, they can STICK even when you remove all the wheel nuts.

I had this on a Jeep and no matter how hard I bashed things with a copper hammer ...I ended up having the wheel nuts very loose and driving up and down the road ..until it finally came free!
BMW's are the same, it's when a mix of metals contact they rust into each other.
They needed to get kicked off come a wheel or brake pad change.

I had the same experience as Archev with aftermarket valve covers, they stuck on after a while, the only solution was new valves, beware!

Absolutely, I’ve been doing that for years, garages won’t do that, tyre places are even worse.
I have to say I’m not taken by the wheels and I’m considering some aftermarket better looking ones, nice MG centres and maybe the dust covers to complement. Most importantly I’d change the tyres for something more readily available!!
I’ve done the tints, and black mirror caps, I do believe the Westminster grey car would look really good with a black roof. Especially if it matched the mirror caps which have a lovely blue fleck in the right light. (More colour choices please MG).

Absolutely, I’ve been doing that for years, garages won’t do that, tyre places are even worse.
I have to say I’m not taken by the wheels and I’m considering some aftermarket better looking ones, nice MG centres and maybe the dust covers to complement. Most importantly I’d change the tyres for something more readily available!!
I’ve done the tints, and black mirror caps, I do believe the Westminster grey car would look really good with a black roof. Especially if it matched the mirror caps which have a lovely blue fleck in the right light. (More colour choices please MG).
Post a pic when you've done all that! I used to love the two-tone cars of the exclusive brands back in the 60s - Bentley, Jag etc. There seems to have been a bit of a comeback in two-tone colours in the last 5yrs or so, I reckon, with Minis, Fiat500s etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom