High pitch sound around 50mph

alekc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, recently got a gen1 zs ev (71 plate), and I noticed that once I reach about 45-50mph there is a high pitch/coil whine noise which can be heard especially if the radio is not working. It looks like it's linked to the drive train and the emitted power (if I drop the acceleration it goes away). Is that normal (I suspect that I might have a bit sensitive hearing causing this issue)?

Cheers

I've heard this on my MG5 before now. I don't think it's a problem but you sometimes tune into these things because there is so little background noise.

Hi, recently got a gen1 zs ev (71 plate), and I noticed that once I reach about 45-50mph there is a high pitch/coil whine noise which can be heard especially if the radio is not working. It looks like it's linked to the drive train and the emitted power (if I drop the acceleration it goes away). Is that normal (I suspect that I might have a bit sensitive hearing causing this issue)?

Cheers
I've got a 71plate zs, my one whines when I take the foot off the accelerator then disappears when I apply the power. It has done since new, its the gear train idling, nothing to worry about

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom