High-voltage Battery Pack Malfunction Indicator Lamp

kiwipower

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi has anyone had this warning lamp come on before?
I started up my 2021 ZS EV and got to the end of the driveway before this light came on along with a warning message.
I should note the car was still happily moving. It didn’t shut down.
The Manual says to shut the car down immediately and call the dealer so I did this. The MG Assist guy turned up an hour later and when I tried turning the car on, all was fine, no warning lamp. He recommended I take it to the dealer to check if any error has been logged.
Makes me a bit nervous it may happen again. Anyone else seen this?
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I had a look through the linked thread. I’m pretty sure I’m not rushing the start sequence, but I’ll keep that in mind.
Also, just clarifying it’s the red HV battery malfunction light that came on, not the yellow HV cutoff warning lamp. The manual says
“This lamp will illuminate if a fault is detected or the high voltage battery fails. Please contact an MG Authorised Repairer immediately.
This lamp will flash if the high voltage battery temperature is too high. Please stop the car as soon as safety permits, switch the vehicle power system to the OFF position, and
leave the vehicle immediately. Contact an MG Authorised Repairer at the earliest opportunity.
If a high-voltage battery pack relay adhesion failure is recorded, this lamp flashes. Please contact an MG Authorised Repairer as soon as possible.”
Sounds kind of serious to me.
I’ll book it in for a check at the dealer just to be sure.

I have an MG4 and have been getting the yellow warning message for the last few months and it used to disappear. 2 weeks ago the car would not drive at all and had to get MG Assist out who could not resolve it either.
Car was towed back to my local MG Dealer and they have been trying to resolve this issue for the last 2 weeks.
The have carried out numerous software updates but to no avail.
Currently have a courtesy car and they are liaising with MG directly to try and resolve the issues.
I took it for a test drive yesterday as no error had appeared on previous test drives over the last 48 hours and 12 miles into the drive the light reappeared. Back into the garage for further updates.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom