Home charger - what do you use?

guymc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Have a ZS EV SR on order - looking to get my charger sorted. Simple question really...if you have a home charger, what is it and would you recommend it?
Thanks in advance...

Hi, I had the original Ohme EVSE but have changed it to a Zappi as I am having solar panels installed next month.

Octopus have a very good new tarriff, currently in Beta format and so not available for all cars or chargers. Intelligent Octopus 11.30 - 5.30. Almost econmy 7 ! Worth looking. I’d join but they won’t let me for MGZSEV and Podpoint charger.

I went for the home pro as it works with some energy suppliers cheaper tariffs and it look more minimalistic
IMG_20220702_162458_edit_314807470426442.jpg

do a quick search, you will find several threads about exactly the same thing.

Octopus have a very good new tarriff, currently in Beta format and so not available for all cars or chargers. Intelligent Octopus 11.30 - 5.30. Almost econmy 7 ! Worth looking. I’d join but they won’t let me for MGZSEV and Podpoint charger.
I'm having the same problem, trying to get my MG5 and EO MiniPro 2 charger registered onto the Intelligent Octopus tariff. Perhaps if everyone on the forum started bombarding them with requests/applications, it may lead to some success. Who knows? But worth a try, surely ;)

Have a ZS EV SR on order - looking to get my charger sorted. Simple question really...if you have a home charger, what is it and would you recommend it?
Thanks in advance...
We had a Type2 Pod point wall charger at our home. Installed for around £800 with Govt Grant.
Would also suggest you get a EVPO0100 type 2 32 5 metre charging lead. We found most ASDA and Tesco Superstores with electric charging facilities are Pod Point Units. So, if your Dealer didn’t include a Type2 cable AS WELL as the Granny lead, buy one or you could struggle (as we did) to charge your car.
Bought ours last Tuesday from Rolex Services Ltd ( email :- [email protected]) for £144 including next day DPD delivery.
Hope that helps.

Have a Zappi 2 which I got from Octopus. My tariff ends in August (go Faster) and goes from about £600 to £1,500 !!!😲😵‍💫
I know costs are bad but the thing that bugs me is that my current tariff has an off-peak from 20:30-01:30 which suits me, as as all my white goods are without timers and due to fire risks reported in recent years, I like to be awake when stuff like washing machines etc., are running. The new tariff, either Go or Intellegent, have peak time from 11:30 or 00:30, which sucks. The Zappi though, works fine and is geared for Solar & batteries too, which I want to install but waiting for the right time as right now prices are going ballistic (and cowboy installers proliferating…). Solar makes sense for me, as I work from home all week - haven’t seen an office for nearly 2.5 years now. Won’t live long enough to get the ROI, but savings these days are a waste of time. Spend it while you can is my new motto (or spend it and be damned…whatever😎😉 )

Have a Zappi 2 which I got from Octopus. My tariff ends in August (go Faster) and goes from about £600 to £1,500 !!!😲😵‍💫
I know costs are bad but the thing that bugs me is that my current tariff has an off-peak from 20:30-01:30 which suits me, as as all my white goods are without timers and due to fire risks reported in recent years, I like to be awake when stuff like washing machines etc., are running. The new tariff, either Go or Intellegent, have peak time from 11:30 or 00:30, which sucks. The Zappi though, works fine and is geared for Solar & batteries too, which I want to install but waiting for the right time as right now prices are going ballistic (and cowboy installers proliferating…). Solar makes sense for me, as I work from home all week - haven’t seen an office for nearly 2.5 years now. Won’t live long enough to get the ROI, but savings these days are a waste of time. Spend it while you can is my new motto (or spend it and be damned…whatever😎😉 )
Hi, i thought you could get a 21.30 slot still

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom