home charging

Do you have an 80% charge limit set on the vehicle? Check the charging settings on the car.

Wow. Didn’t see that. That’s what I need to know. Thanks my friend
No problem.
I would leave it at 80% for normal daily charging/use and only increase to 100% for a charge before a long journey.
Charging to 100% every day will increase battery degradation.

Ok thanks for advice. Makes sense. I will just charg up to 100% this time to make sure new charger performs. Thanks for advice

While your there. Don’t suppose you know why when I put sat nave on and drive if it stays stationary. Dosnt move as I drive ?

While your there. Don’t suppose you know why when I put sat nave on and drive if it stays stationary. Dosnt move as I drive ?
Sorry no idea on that as I’m still waiting for my ZS to be delivered

Thanks not sure why tho it's useful regardless of the range :)
It has to do with the battery chemistry, I can't remember which way round it is, but the LR batteries don't like sitting at 100% charge whereas the type of batteries in the SR are not affected in the same way.

I may have but don’t know how to disable that. Manuel not give instruction. Thanks
Que ?
que GIF

SR are LFP battery chemistry which are not known to degrade a lot when compared to NMC chemistry of LR and so you can never set custom SOC levels for SR cars in the iSmart app and the entertainment console of the car. It will always be set to 100%. Where as you can set custom SOC on LR. It is advisible to charge to 80% for normal commutes and only 100% for a long trip on LRs to help keep the batteries in a good state over time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom