How are everyones batteries doing? (Fairer weather range thread)

RayReliable

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So in Wiltshire this week the sun has been shining and I have been reaping the rewards of the improved weather.

I am currently sat at 49% battery with a range of 123 miles (ECO) which is great to see, so if I ran this battery from 100 to 0 I could hit 250.

Mixture of town, country and A roads on my way 60 mile round trip to work each day, can get a good 3 days commute out of it before I plug it in at work.

Anyone else seeing a change?

SE Standard!

That was my guess.

Off topic, but as far as weather goes. My car asked about switching on battery heating today, because of low ambient temperatures. Its own temperature reading on the infotainment screen was 22C at the time.

Mine asked that the other day when I was around 15% battery and I plugged it in. It did some battery heating then charged up. 15 to 100 in 6.5 hours. 6.3kwh

I ignore the GOM on my SE standard as it spouts nonsense till about 30 % SOC. The milder nights are definitely helping lower the battery's internal resistance though, within 2 miles I was up at 4.5 miles kWh today.
Fell back to an overall 4.3 for the 32 mile trip on A roads mainly, 17 degrees.

I watched a Bjorn Nyland vid recently where he coaxed 4.8 miles kWh from a Kona in 30 degree temp at 56 mph, I think the 4 could actually match that, but we rarely see 30 degrees here :cool:

Mine's currently at 93% SoC and the GOM shows 176 miles range (Normal), 184 miles (Eco, per the app).

Definitely, I've been regularly/easily getting >4m/kWh recently, I think todays short trips were ~4.1 ish.

App currently says 207 miles range at 77%, only done short trips without caring about efficiency since the last charge.

Last time I charged to 100% it said 293 miles on the GOM I think, Trophy model.

This is with 'normal' drive mode and heating off.

Mine's currently at 93% SoC and the GOM shows 176 miles range (Normal), 184 miles (Eco, per the app).

Mine has just finished charging and says 177 miles. However, last week it predicted 205 miles after I had been on a roller-coaster trip in the Yorkshire Dales which probably involved a lot of regeneration.

My Trophy reached new highs today of 240miles once charged, having covered 130 miles or so today it’s gonna be 215 as usual in reality as mostly motorway.

Have another similar trip tomorrow but no Diesel driving passenger so I’ll try and see if we can do better🤣

My GoM has been pretty accurate since I got it and I sit around the 4.3 mark. I mainly run eco as literally what is the difference anyway! I also run with adaptive regen over just max as it allows for a little more coasting. Air is generally off unless it gets steamy with the family in the car. I’m more of a window a jar kinda guy.

Probably going to get a huge slap in the face by a motorway when I do my first proper journey that’s not going to work 😂

I ignore the GOM on my SE standard as it spouts nonsense till about 30 % SOC. The milder nights are definitely helping lower the battery's internal resistance though, within 2 miles I was up at 4.5 miles kWh today.
Fell back to an overall 4.3 for the 32 mile trip on A roads mainly, 17 degrees.

I watched a Bjorn Nyland vid recently where he coaxed 4.8 miles kWh from a Kona in 30 degree temp at 56 mph, I think the 4 could actually match that, but we rarely see 30 degrees here :cool:
It can match it, managed 5 miles/kWh on a recent journey on a real mix of roads, just under 45 miles:
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 23.18.51.png

This was after the last full charge (standard range):
1684361978011.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video