How do people cope with no rear wiper?

YaR

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Seriously, what do you do when there is condensation on the outside of the rear window? Do you wipe it with a towel then put the wet towel into the car? Ignore it and drive with no rear visibility for several miles?

I put the rear window demister on and just drive, i use my wing mirrors for seeing behind me, very rarely use rear view mirror.
Maybe, its because i am tow a caravan and unable to use the rear view morror.
i would rather have rear inside courtesy lights than rear view mirror.

Use something like this:
s-l1600.jpg

It's the only way you will clear the whole screen, wiper or not.

I've not missed having a rear wiper. Had one on my Prius and basically forgot it was there because I never used it. I did used to drive HGV's so do use my side mirrors a lot. I do use the rear-view mirror and haven't experienced any visibility issue due to lack of a wiper ... it is a smaller aperture than my old car but that's actually quite good as the car isn't flooded with as much light from LED headlights behind. And, as above, condensation on the outside disappears in a minute or two. I should have mentioned, it's a Trophy.

I have a rear wiper, admittedly only 2 weeks into the car and only 300 miles on the clock, but haven't used the wiper once. Used the demister a few times in the mornings.

I was skeptic at first but after doing 3000 miles and in rain and different weather haven't found any issues due to not having rear wipers. I also start demister. In fact there is setting for auto demister for rear window for trophy if I recollect correctly too.

Seriously, what do you do when there is condensation on the outside of the rear window? Do you wipe it with a towel then put the wet towel into the car? Ignore it and drive with no rear visibility for several miles?
Never had any problem, as soon as you drive it clears. Only time it gets wiped is when it's washed (which has been twice in the last year!)

You use a rear view mirror 😳 Mine is just an irritation, never use it, I always use wing mirrors.

I have received my MG4 SE in Nov 2023, it has both a rear central headrest and rear wiper. Do we know when MG updated the spec?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back