How many facelift versions are out there?

I've just seen a white facelift coming down our lane as I was going up. SE edition as no sunroof and probably the short range variant, but still looking good.

Given that the refreshed ZS was only launched a few months ago, and it seems not many have received them yet, I wonder how many are actually on the road? We were very lucky and had only a week wait, as after enquiring, a local MG dealer agreed to sell us the unit he had arriving in a few days which presumably was a demo. From enquiry to pickup was 8 days. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not seen a single new model ZS on the road. We keep getting stares at ours.
I've had mine since beginning of last December. Haven't seen any others.

Have any owners of facelift models considered having the "grille" sprayed in black ?
My personal view is that the pressed metal grille looks weird.
When the new model was first introduced there was a picture of one with a sprayed grille which I thought looked better.

Have any owners of facelift models considered having the "grille" sprayed in black ?
My personal view is that the pressed metal grille looks weird.
When the new model was first introduced there was a picture of one with a sprayed grille which I thought looked better.
I think you'll find it was just vinyl wrap not sprayed
Screenshot_20220520_113213.jpg

yeah that is true, I got told by Baylis MG in Gloucester that they have only delivered 3 LR ZS EVs (mine being one of them) so there are definitely not very many of them in the country.
I have just read about all those lucky folk who have received their cars, my LR model was ordered 12/11/2021. I had a phone call yesterday from my MG dealer who expects delivery of my car 16/09/2022. Lets hope this turns out to be true and I will still receive the government grant at the price I was quoted last year.

I have just read about all those lucky folk who have received their cars, my LR model was ordered 12/11/2021. I had a phone call yesterday from my MG dealer who expects delivery of my car 16/09/2022. Lets hope this turns out to be true and I will still receive the government grant at the price I was quoted last year.
If it gives you peace of mind, I received the complete deal that I got when I ordered, so that was 4.9% APR, £2,500 grant and the £1,500 dep contribution from MG... They didn't go back on any of it despite the fact that all of the above had changed by the time I picked mine up. They had even guaranteed the equity from my part-x (but I sold this for profit so didn't need it).

If you've a good dealer then what you agreed is what you should pay, however, it won't hurt to have them confirm they submitted the grant application correctly and on time - on email if possible. More than one person on here has been asked by their dealer to stump up what should've been covered by the grant, due to some failing or another.

If you've a good dealer then what you agreed is what you should pay, however, it won't hurt to have them confirm they submitted the grant application correctly and on time - on email if possible. More than one person on here has been asked by their dealer to stump up what should've been covered by the grant, due to some failing or another.
I'd be inclined to just rock up with all my paperwork in order, & them having done all theirs, to collect the car & let  them try to tell me the deals changed & I need to pay X more. I wouldn't invite them to try it on by asking them beforehand 🤷‍♂️

Ignorance isn't always bliss... Not knowing there was an issue until the car was here ready to be delivered certainly hasn't worked to the benefit of those affected.

I am understandably not as au fait with the dealings of strangers but the principle stands IMHO - a deal is a deal... asking nervous questions about it further down the line just attracts attention.

A deal is a deal may have been something to take for granted in a bygone era, but not so much now - otherwise the guys this has happened to wouldn't be in the position they were put in. At the end of the day, each individual can decide for themselves whether it's better to play dumb, but at least it's an informed choice.

A deal is a deal may have been something to take for granted in a bygone era, but not so much now - otherwise the guys this has happened to wouldn't be in the position they were put in. At the end of the day, each individual can decide for themselves whether it's better to play dumb, but at least it's an informed choice.
Bygone era?

Stick to your guns or roll over like a patsy - life choice 👍

Reading the experience shared, sticking to your guns meant nothing if they're not going to turn over the vehicle. At least the information is there for those not wanting to rely on posturing, in the event they should face the same problem. YMMV.

Reading the experience shared, sticking to your guns meant nothing if they're not going to turn over the vehicle. At least the information is there for those not wanting to rely on posturing, in the event they should face the same problem. YMMV.
Is there a thread I should read with all this background on that you almost reference?

It's there in the Shipping Updates thread - search will return posts.

It's there in the Shipping Updates thread - search will return posts.
Perhaps I'll put some weekends aside to wade through it.
Perhaps not.

Perhaps you could link to a choice morsel from the 255 pages (of which I read through 5 & saw no mention of a welched deal)...
Perhaps not...

Last edited:
For those of you who are interested, as I said, it might be worth just checking that the t's are crossed and i's dotted with regard to your PiCG submission - entirely up to you. I'd rather know if my dealer had failed to do this correctly, if at all. For some of you, you may prefer to wait until collection day. Either way - good luck!

The deal referred to is subject to small print. The small print likely confirms the price on the order form can be subject to changes I.e. if the grant money never materialises then you need to cover the shortfall.

I know if I was getting the grant I’d be double checking my dealer had submitted the request. A couple of members Roadrunner and Gazza have both been requested to pay the balance that was due from the grant after notification their car was ready for collection and they have protested and Roadrunner has paid the extra. If you find out beforehand then you can either; save up the money if you want the car or, spend the time collating the evidence the dealer has made a mistake and trying to sort out the mishap with the dealer before the payments due. If your car has arrived and you can’t pay for it within the time limit set under the contract, due the grant mishap, then it may be the dealer can sell the vehicle to someone else. Then the car that’s been waited on for months has gone and you’re at the back of the queue again or looking for a different car and subject to the current prices. I’d prefer to have time to argue it with the dealer before they had my car to hold me over a barrel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom