How many MG ZS EVs have been sold.

It’s cheaper to get the MG directly from MG from what I can see with government grants and the MG discounts.

Do you mean not going through an MG dealer?

Can you buy direct on the website?

Cheers,

Nigel
Yes view a dealer for example I used Glyn Hopkins in East London as they do the Exclusive from £27,995 plus a Glyn Hopkins deposit contribution of £2500.
I think the £27.995 is after the government contributions.
Plus a free servicing for 3 years, free MG type 2 charging cable and free Pod-Point or Rolec 7 KW home charger too.
Plus they do swappage deals too.
Regards

Yes view a dealer for example I used Glyn Hopkins in East London as they do the Exclusive from £27,995 plus a Glyn Hopkins deposit contribution of £2500.
I think the £27.995 is after the government contributions.
Plus a free servicing for 3 years, free MG type 2 charging cable and free Pod-Point or Rolec 7 KW home charger too.
Plus they do swappage deals too.
Regards

Okay, that is all carwow do - invite MG dealers to quote - so when you said I’d get better deals going to MG directly I thought you meant bypassing the dealer.

Cheers,

Nigel

No sorry Nigel, apologies for any confusion caused, but when I loo, at Carwow the deals didn’t look as good as going actual in store..

I dont suppose they can be......I expect Carwow with have a bit of commission too.

Not what I’m seeing.

For example my local dealer won’t offer me anything buying cash or HP. They will give a £2,500 contribution if doing PCP.

The swappage is very best deal if you happen to have an old worthless car to hand over but I don’t.

So the deal above from Glyn Hopkins is

£27,995 - which us rrp minus £3000 gov grant
£2,500 - contribution
£25,495

A dealer through CarWow is offering £24,695 so £800 cheaper than the Glyn Hopkins dealer.

This is about £2k less than the best Leaf deal - plus there is the MG wide offer of free charger, free lead and free service plan if registered before the end of September.

Cheers,

Nigel

Does that include the free years 3 servicing, type 2 cable and the home installation of a charging point.

You have to get it on PCP to get the £2,500 and Peace of mind deal- Servicing, leads and charging unit. The dealers also give extras if you haggle , I would ring local deals and ask if they have stock and then ask for extras. If this helps, can put you in touch with dealer in North West who I sourced and got a fab deal with and giving regular updates for stages to arrange a smooth delivery.

If you take PCP could you not settle the finance with the finance company without penalty once the car had been delivered..??

You have to get it on PCP to get the £2,500 and Peace of mind deal- Servicing, leads and charging unit. The dealers also give extras if you haggle , I would ring local deals and ask if they have stock and then ask for extras. If this helps, can put you in touch with dealer in North West who I sourced and got a fab deal with and giving regular updates for stages to arrange a smooth delivery.

Just been into the dealer. He confirmed that the MG website is badly written. The £2500 contribution is on PCP sales only, but the 'Peace of Mind' package is on ANY retail sale that is registered before the end of September. He showed me his system which confirms that.

Cheers,

Nigel

The PCP rate is one of the best I have seen this month and all the free things beIng given do make it a good buy especially the peace of mind deal.The breakdown cover is only one year.Also been told that servicing in Year 4 will cost about £450 and will need a MOT after 3yrs.Financially the 3 year PCP looks the best any thoughts from other people?..

The PCP rate is one of the best I have seen this month and all the free things beIng given do make it a good buy especially the peace of mind deal.The breakdown cover is only one year.Also been told that servicing in Year 4 will cost about £450 and will need a MOT after 3yrs.Financially the 3 year PCP looks the best any thoughts from other people?..
The PCP rate is the same as everyone else is offering, 4.9%. There is a £2,500 manufacturer contribution, and again most manufacturers are doing similar - there are no other free things that are specific to the PCP - the Peace of Mind deal is on all retail sales, not just PCP..

And you want good rates - on the new model petrol MG ZS there is 0% PCP.

Cheers,

Nigel

Still have the interest on the balloon though for the full duration of the arrangement.

Cheers,

Nigel
Not if you pay off the whole amount, including the balloon payment, at once. You just pay the interest accrued from when you signed the agreement, calculated on a daily basis, to the day you settle. ;)

Not if you pay off the whole amount, including the balloon payment, at once. You just pay the interest accrued from when you signed the agreement, calculated on a daily basis, to the day you settle. ;)

Interesting - I didn't realise they would let you pay the balloon too.

Cheers,

Nigel

This is all quite interesting and at least makes me confident I didn’t do too badly with my purchase.
Last quarter MG had a (little advertised) deal called the affinity package. It gave any key worker (I’m a teacher) 12.5 % off list price, and free choice of paint colour. I got an exclusive in black for a little over £24,100. This was the cash price too and I had a decent deposit so I was able to get a good apr on a loan for the rest so the vehicle will be mine from the off. There was no home charger or type 2 cable included, but I have free chargers at work and no driveway so not a huge deal for me. I tried to buy a service plan too and the dealer said it wasn’t worth it as year 1 and 2 services were not expensive (I think year 1 is just a software update).
As the deal was expiring I had to choose whether to stick or twist and I had wondered whether the next quarter’s deals would be even more generous.
I think if I had a driveway and somewhere for the home charger, I’d have been better off buying now.
I had been researching new cars for months before discovering the MG ZS. Had the dealer not been terrible I may have bought a Kia Niro PHev a few weeks before putting my deposit down on the MG. Very glad I made the decision I did though and now have only two days to wait before picking up the vehicle!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom