How many MG4 owners are new to the world of EVs?

How Many EVS have you owned or is the MG4 your first.

• This is my First

Votes: 90 73.2%

Votes: 25 20.3%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
We traded a hybrid clio in for the MG4. 2020 clio and only a 4 speed box in it. Was revving its arse off when you went up hills so thought we need to change it. The other car we have is a Ford Mustang GT. One extreme to the other at our house

Just interested to see if the owners here are new to EVs or EV converts changing up from other cars.

The MG4 is attractive on price and spec, it seems to be a good jump point into the world of EVs, as well as a great upgrade.

Whats your EV History...

Our EV Journey started in 2015, and as high mileage drivers (45 to 50k miles a year we normally change car at least every 12 months to keep the depreciation costs minimal).

2015 BMW i3 Rex 19Kw
2016 BMW i3 BEV 19Kw
2017 Renault Zoe 40Kw
2018 Hyundai Kona 64Kw
2019 Hyundai Kona 64Kw
2020 Tesla Model 3 SR 50Kw
2021 Hyundai Kona 64Kw
2021 Kia EV6 77Kw
2022 MG4 Trophy 61Kw
That’s some impressive EV mileage over the Years!

Were on our 2nd EV had a 2.0L Nissan Xtrail for pulling horse box, but horse is no longer with us so towing not needed and the xtrail decided it was time to shed parts willy nilly so PX'd that towards a MG ZS EV MK1 and I've just Px'd a 2.0L ford Mondeo as it was too old to qualify for works car scheme for the MG4 SE SR

Just ordered white MG4 SE Standard range today. First time EV owner. Currently drive 2016 Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel. It's been a great car and regularly does 47-48 mpg, 600 miles+ on a full tank. Only reason to change EV now was that i'm 56 this year so why not, plus we paid mortgage off last year so again.... why not.

I started on my journey with a Outlander PHEV In 2015, just loved the car in electric mode but it was uneconomic using petrol, bought MG ZS EV in 2020 and love it but need more range and went to look at ZS LR and test drove it and the MG4, MG4 won hands down. My car should be here March, Trophy Red.

Previously I owned a Mercedes S class, which over 2 years cost me an average of £330 per month just own and maintain (repair, servicing and running).
I started out on my EV experiment in 2021, I had a Hypervolt charger installed and leased an Ioniq 38 Kwh premium SE which I had back this June. The objective was to see if I could manage life with an EV and how affordable it would be compared to an ICE car etc.
So last minute, last year (Dec 30th), I ordered an MG4 Trophy in red, due late May... So yep, EV life suits me just fine.

This will be our first electric vehicle and to be honest were it not for the price and range of the MG4 SE LR, we would not have considered getting one. So hats off to MG for allowing us to join the electric revolution!
Exactly the conversation I had with the dealer today. We really liked the Megane E-Tech but they start at £37k !!!. It seems like since the government stopped the grant at £35k, the manufacturers aren't even trying to be realistically competitive. The MG4 gives the average Joe a real chance at making the EV leap.

This will be my first EV, honestly I'm a bit scared as I don't think there could be a bigger difference between it and the only other car I've ever owned and sadly sold last week...a 1960 Morris Minor!
Holy hell. You are in for a surprise..... in a good way.

First EV for me. Moved from a 2018 Micra.

I knew I wanted an EV for the new car, but was a bit stuck on the choices. Kind of fell for the Ioniq 5 and the EV6, but prices were out of reach after a whopping mortgage increase. I was set on them but the other half (the sensible one of us) wasn't having it.

Ended up putting an order in for a Mokka E. I didn't like it at all, but the other half did. Delivery was pushed back time and time again, and I got fed up of waiting for a car I didn't want so cancelled it.

Saw the MG4 and got that same "lust at first sight" thing I had with the Ioniq 5 and EV6. Something about it just leapt out at me. Put an order in that day. Absolutely loved driving it so far.

This will be my first EV, honestly I'm a bit scared as I don't think there could be a bigger difference between it and the only other car I've ever owned and sadly sold last week...a 1960 Morris Minor!
I’m loving this story. Our first car was a ‘59 Minor and the current one is an MG5 but we have practiced on another 44 assorted vehicles in between happy motoring 🤩🤩

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back