How many people have new ZS EV LR

DrTom

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As above, how many forum users have the new ZS EV LR and how did you get them????

Loads of people have the new Gen2 on order, including me, but have delivery estimates of March ish.

I thought that the only ones in the country at the moment were dealer demos and press cars.

I was also lead to believe that dealer weren't allowed to sell the demos for at least 90 days.

So, if you have one, how did you get it????

How many are there an the road right now??

I've got one. Registered as a demo and sold with 10 miles on the clock.

Two early issues. I can't get ismart to bind to the car. Assorted messages include
'parmeters are not correct. please check and try again'
' Activation on line function is only available after successful activation'
'Vehicle is not Activated please activated first!'
(and I can't get it to activate because it won't show the Qcode to scan for binding)
There are other massages which refer to certificates.
'Map data error. Map data is not functioning properly'

MG are on the job but not solved after 8 days.

There are slight language issues with the screen interface. A confusing one was a button marked 'disconnected' which should read disconnect.

Ohme home pro charger - the car is not yet included on their database therefore the charger can't be clever. I have to use it as a dumb charger. Ohme ask for 'the log in details of your car telematics service (e.g. Nissan Connect EV). Does anybody know what the answer for the MG telematics should be?

Some dealers were allocated a couple of cars early. I suspect these were cars shipped the same time as the demo fleet but not allocated, for whatever reason.

I picked mine up on the 21st of December. Everything is working fine including the app. Its a non connect Trophy.

Some dealers were allocated a couple of cars early. I suspect these were cars shipped the same time as the demo fleet but not allocated, for whatever reason.
This was very similar situation when the first wave of original ZS EV's hit SOME of the dealers around November 2019.
The majority of the first wave of cars where dealer / demo cars, with only a small limited number of customers receiving their cars.
Then a few more cars arrived just before Christmas 2019 ( our car included ).
These customers where generally in a batch of the first 1,000 customers, who paid a deposit and ordered in the summer of 2019.
Numbers of cars arriving at dealers increased as we went through 2020.
I think we are likely to see a similar pattern on the ZS EV LR.

We collected our Blue Trophy on 23rd December, it was pretty much as @Merry described.
We were only 1 of 2 lucky customers with the dealer we used, they were still waiting for the other customers car to come in.

Reported versions:
MPU software version SWI66-29958-1300R15
MCU software version 66.3.1.2

Last edited:

Two early issues. I can't get ismart to bind to the car. Assorted messages include
(and I can't get it to activate because it won't show the Qcode to scan for binding)

There are slight language issues with the screen interface. A confusing one was a button marked 'disconnected' which should read disconnect.

Ohme home pro charger - the car is not yet included on their database therefore the charger can't be clever. I have to use it as a dumb charger. Ohme ask for 'the log in details of your car telematics service (e.g. Nissan Connect EV). Does anybody know what the answer for the MG telematics should be?

@thingaby what model do you have?

Our Trophy (non-connect) bound with no issue after I found out where the bind option was hiding.
Which was the screen with disconnect?

I've noticed on the AC you can't have the front window defrost on at the same time as the top vents but you can have the lower vents.

You also can't change the Speed Limiter configuration in settings unless the ACC is turned off

@thingaby what model do you have?

Our Trophy (non-connect) bound with no issue after I found out where the bind option was hiding.
Which was the screen with disconnect?

I've noticed on the AC you can't have the front window defrost on at the same time as the top vents but you can have the lower vents.

You also can't change the Speed Limiter configuration in settings unless the ACC is turned off
Hi. Mine is a Trophy Connect.
I'll have to dig through the screens again to get to the wrongly labelled diconnect button. I'll post again when I find it again.
I'm waiting for a call back from the garage who are in direct contact with MG to try to sort out the 'bind' issue.

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on with Ohme and them adding the MG to their list. I'm getting the Home Pro charger installed at the beginning of January ready for the Trophy model that I've been quoted a February delivery for. As this one has an app, I'm hoping it'll have more scope for straight forward communication with smart chargers, although not my realm of expertise!

As above, how many forum users have the new ZS EV LR and how did you get them????

Loads of people have the new Gen2 on order, including me, but have delivery estimates of March ish.

I thought that the only ones in the country at the moment were dealer demos and press cars.

I was also lead to believe that dealer weren't allowed to sell the demos for at least 90 days.

So, if you have one, how did you get it????

How many are there an the road right now??
Mine should be ready January. “2nd week, possibly the 1st week”. It was ordered at the end of November. The dealer had one going out to a customer that was being prepped whilst I was there. So far I haven’t actually seen any on the road. They do appear to be arriving in a trickle rather than by the boat load.

Mine should be ready January. “2nd week, possibly the 1st week”. It was ordered at the end of November. The dealer had one going out to a customer that was being prepped whilst I was there. So far I haven’t actually seen any on the road. They do appear to be arriving in a trickle rather than by the boat load.
This is interesting. I asked about how cars are allocated before placing an order, my concern being that cars are allocated across dealers to make it fair rather than based on which orders come in first. I was told that the cars get allocated based on the order in which the orders are placed in the system and the dealer used make no difference.

My order paperwork was completed on 11th November and I was told at the time cars were expected in February or March and I've had no update to suggest that's changed.

I hope you get your car in January, keep us posted if that date starts to slip.

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on with Ohme and them adding the MG to their list. I'm getting the Home Pro charger installed at the beginning of January ready for the Trophy model that I've been quoted a February delivery for. As this one has an app, I'm hoping it'll have more scope for straight forward communication with smart chargers, although not my realm of expertise!
Ohme have been great. Very responsive. I have just opened the email below from their customer services. I'll try it when I get out of bed!
In some ways the Ohme is overspecced for me on the Octopus Go tariff as the car is capable of timing when to charge and to what level. The Ohme charger will come into its own if I move onto some of the fancy Octopus tariffs which need the charger to track the electricity price on an half hourly basis. Nonetheless, I'm pleased with the charger and my fitter was impressed with how easy it was to fit.
Here' sthe email from Ohme.
Hi Stephen,
I hope you're well.
I just wanted to confirm that we've added the vehicle in the database.
If you go in the Ohme app > Manage My EV, please select the vehicle with the label: MG ZS EV Trophy Connect
Don't hesitate to let me know would you have any other questions.
Best wishes,
Mia

This is interesting. I asked about how cars are allocated before placing an order, my concern being that cars are allocated across dealers to make it fair rather than based on which orders come in first. I was told that the cars get allocated based on the order in which the orders are placed in the system and the dealer used make no difference.

My order paperwork was completed on 11th November and I was told at the time cars were expected in February or March and I've had no update to suggest that's changed.

I hope you get your car in January, keep us posted if that date starts to slip.
I suppose with 5 colours and 3 trim levels, it’s very much dependent on what they’re shipping and how the factory works. At least with the likes of BMW you get a build slot for your configuration, whereas MG might batch colours and/or trims together when assembling. Also, I’m sure I read somewhere that some vehicle carriers can arrive with a handful of MGs, rather than be part of a big MG shipment.

Ohme have been great. Very responsive. I have just opened the email below from their customer services. I'll try it when I get out of bed!
In some ways the Ohme is overspecced for me on the Octopus Go tariff as the car is capable of timing when to charge and to what level. The Ohme charger will come into its own if I move onto some of the fancy Octopus tariffs which need the charger to track the electricity price on an half hourly basis. Nonetheless, I'm pleased with the charger and my fitter was impressed with how easy it was to fit.
Here' sthe email from Ohme.
Hi Stephen,
I hope you're well.
I just wanted to confirm that we've added the vehicle in the database.
If you go in the Ohme app > Manage My EV, please select the vehicle with the label: MG ZS EV Trophy Connect
Don't hesitate to let me know would you have any other questions.
Best wishes,
Mia
That's great to hear that it was sorted quickly. I'm the same really, it's probably overspecced for what I want, but it gives me the option if I ever want to go on an agile tariff. Do you think it'll matter that mine is the Trophy and doesn't have some of the extra connective gubbins that the Trophy Connect has?

That's great to hear that it was sorted quickly. I'm the same really, it's probably overspecced for what I want, but it gives me the option if I ever want to go on an agile tariff. Do you think it'll matter that mine is the Trophy and doesn't have some of the extra connective gubbins that the Trophy Connect has
I feel sure the Trophy will operate in the same way as the Trophy Connect. I hoped for more when I bought the Connect (particularly over the air updates) but based on what I have now read and watched it seems the difference between the two is limited to the Amazon Music subscription.

I feel sure the Trophy will operate in the same way as the Trophy Connect. I hoped for more when I bought the Connect (particularly over the air updates) but based on what I have now read and watched it seems the difference between the two is limited to the Amazon Music subscription.
There are a few other differences

Trophy Connect has:
  • Live traffic in maps
  • Amazon Music app
  • Wifi (connect the car to your own Wifi)
  • Wifi hotspot (1GB/month fair use traffic routed via Stockholm)
  • iSmart app can send directions to the car

Might be a few things.

Trophy Connect has:
  • Live traffic in maps
  • Amazon Music app

Might be a few things.
IConnect has voice command features for opening / closing the sun roof and setting the climate control via voice command.
Standard Trophy model does not have the voice control feature by all accounts.

Trophy Connect has:
  • Live traffic in maps
  • Amazon Music app

Might be a few things.
I'm quite interested to know how the "connect the car to your own WiFi" works. I've looked in the downloaded Owners Manual but the information isn't clear. Does anyone know yet how this will work?
Thanks
Andrew

I ordered a Trophy in Silver from Tunbridge Wells MG at the end of November. I was quoted a delivery estimate of the end of March/ beginning of April.

Hi All, I have placed an order in the late December 2021. I am hoping to get it soon in the new year. Dealer has given March/April expected delivery date. I can't wait!

order date : 21/12/2021
Model : ZS EV Trophy connect Long range
Colour : Battersea Blue

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom