How many people have new ZS EV LR

I'm quite interested to know how the "connect the car to your own WiFi" works. I've looked in the downloaded Owners Manual but the information isn't clear. Does anyone know yet how this will work?
Thanks
Andrew
If you park your car on your drive and your home WiFi has enough range then your car will be able to connect to it - once you give it the password . The car will remember multiple WiFi connections. So if you are at work and can see the WiFi there, you can connect to that as well. Another trick is to use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and let your car connect to that.

The Trophy Connect has WiFi hotspot so you can connect to the car using WiFi as well. This can be useful to connect a computer or tablet to the internet when in the car. If you are charging for an hour you could use it to watch Netflix etc.

Last edited:
If you park your car on your drive and your home WiFi has enough range then your car will be able to connect to it - once you give it the password . The car will remember multiple WiFi connections. So if you are at work and can see the WiFi there, you can connect to that as well. Another trick is to use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and let your car connect to that.

The Trophy Connect has WiFi hotspot so you can connect to the car using WiFi as well. This can be useful to connect a computer or tablet to the internet when in the car. If you are charging for an hour you could use it to watch Netflix etc.
I had all of the above in my 2016 Prius and TBH the only time I used it was to transfer sat nav routes, created on my PC, from the Toyota Portal to the car. Even this was not needed as you could also do it with a USB stick.

I got mine after walking into the dealership and asking if I can have the floor model. It is the trophy connect. They had another model arriving in a couple of weeks and were happy to sell me the one on the floor. Not a demo as it was unregistered.

I ordered a Trophy Connect from Nathaniel in Cardiff few weeks ago and I’m being told June / July, which is no problem, I’m just excited!

As above, how many forum users have the new ZS EV LR and how did you get them????

Loads of people have the new Gen2 on order, including me, but have delivery estimates of March ish.

I thought that the only ones in the country at the moment were dealer demos and press cars.

I was also lead to believe that dealer weren't allowed to sell the demos for at least 90 days.

So, if you have one, how did you get it????

How many are there an the road right now??
I have a long range on order since December was originally told would arrive in March now being told June at the earliest 😡

I ordered Trophy LR in blue on 4th November, was told by dealer delivery end of February now may be September.
Went for the MG as similar size to my old 2004 Focus C max. its a 2.0 TDCI, and with the price of diesel at the moment not looking forward to the wait. Just seen that garage in Chelsea is charging over £2.00 a litre for diesel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom