How much are you paying for insurance?

I have just renewed for £364 with Flow insurance, part of LV group. Based in London, 13 years NCD, over 25 years old license
Just getting quotes now and on Comparethemarket Flow has come out about £100 less than everyone else. Checked them out and seem fine, in fact cover looks very good and is rated 5 star Defaqto.
Very clunky and unresponsive website though.

£155.60 with Aviva via Quote me Happy.
I was with QMH for my ZS EV but they are quoting me over £440 for the 5LR. Me and missus both retired no accidents or convictions, 6000 miles /year me 12 years NCD and she has her own car with same NCD.
Madness, I understand insurance less and less the older I get.

The only problem I had last year with QMH was everything was done online, no telephone contact number and all FAQs were a pre-set list, so it was difficult to sort out a query that wasn't on their list. I had to go through their facebook page to get an answer, they did sort it out though.

There's been a change to insurance since Jan 1 (I believe). They can't now offer the joining incentive which made new customers get much cheaper quotes than renewing ones. I don't know if this is skewing the figures.

The only problem I had last year with QMH was everything was done online, no telephone contact number and all FAQs were a pre-set list, so it was difficult to sort out a query that wasn't on their list. I had to go through their facebook page to get an answer, they did sort it out though.
When I wanted to speak to them I rang the claim line number (not to make a claim). No problem at all.
I don't mind online only so long as the website works. A bit like charger anxiety.

Interestingly, I just refreshed my quote from Sept I asked for when I ordered the car (£414 14k miles/pa) and the quotes have dropped £100 across the board to £314. I was expecting an increase based on the new law preventing them ripping off auto-renewals and not being able to sell at a loss to those deal hunting.

£220 / garaged / Fully comp / commute & social / 40s / Full NCB / no points / Churchill multi car discounted / Aberdeen city

Renewed my MG5 SR today been with LV for the past last and paid £331 got my renewal notice the other day £433 so have now gone to M&S via the meerkats. £328 10000 miles 2 drivers no claims protection legal cover loan car zero voluntary excess.
So £105 back in the bank

Just got my renewal for the end of the month with Sainsbury for £232, down from £254 last year with them. Age 66, Berkshire, full NCD, £250 voluntary excess, 8000 miles.

Cheaper quotes obtained just now through GoCompare & Quidco but not yet tried in earnest - cheapest so far is £193 but that may not be directly comparable.

Just got my renewal for the end of the month with Sainsbury for £232, down from £254 last year with them. Age 66, Berkshire, full NCD, £250 voluntary excess, 8000 miles.

Cheaper quotes obtained just now through GoCompare & Quidco but not yet tried in earnest - cheapest so far is £193 but that may not be directly comparable.
Done very well there smokie,
this is what’s drives me mad about car insurance far to many variables, such as postcodes,age,etc,after read your post this morning, I tried Sainsbury’s as there is a 14day cooling off period as you will know, my quote came in at £509 and no loan car that was an extra.

But what we have both done here, is start the ball rolling againin this thread about insurance prices, which should give other members and owners some guidance but then again, I’m not sure it does really due to what I have just said above about the various variables.

As we all know it’s a pain in the butt year on year having to search around for the best prices and cover it proves one thing loyalty means nothing in part of owning a vehicle of any kind that’s for sure.
Les

Comparing your renewal price with someone else's is never comparing Apples with Apples.

Yes but it's a useful indicator - wasn't someone upthread on £600 where everyone else is at least £200 lower, so if that was me I'd be looking round.

There's a 25% difference between a SR and LR for me, and a further 25% difference to my old postcode from my new one. There's too many variables to be able to compare to other people. But it does help to see which insurers seem to be favourable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom