how much gas or electricity is in your area?

halogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
hi i was watching a few videos in youtube i see people paying fast chargers about 30-70cents/kWh.
i was wondering because thats seems pretty expensive to charge a ev compare to gas for ICE.

in indonesia.

regular gas costs about rp13,400, that's 95 ron (lowest grade available for non subsidized fuel)
Euro = 0.79
gbt = 0.68
USD= 0.86
CAD = 1.18

Public DC or AC chargers costs about rp2,499 /kWh , which is about
Euro = 0.15
GBT = 0.13
USD = 0.16
CAD= 0.22

it toally makes sense for me to switch to ev as driving around town in constant heavy traffic in Jakarta
i only get about 7-8km at best /ltr.
switching to MG 4, i get also about 6-7km/kWh

so yo u can see, switching to an ev is a no brainer. 0.68 GBT vs 0.13 GBT thats almost 6x savings.
thats is if im using public charger, if im charging at home, the residential tariff for electricity is about
Rp 1,600
euro 0.09
GBT 0.08
USD 0.1
CAD 0.14
its almost 9x cheaper to use ev charging at home vs gas station.
so just wondering how much is petrol on your side vs electricity tariff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking this thread should be in General Chat but more people seem to read the MG4 subforum so I'll leave it for a day or two before moving it to get maximum readership.

I'm thinking this thread should be in General Chat but more people seem to read the MG4 subforum so I'll leave it for a day or two before moving it to get maximum readership.
Sorry I wasn't looking whistler making the thread can u more the thread to the main page

hi i was watching a few videos in youtube i see people paying fast chargers about 30-70cents/kWh.
i was wondering because thats seems pretty expensive to charge a ev compare to gas for ICE.

in indonesia.

regular gas costs about rp13,400, that's 95 ron (lowest grade available for non subsidized fuel)
Euro = 0.79
gbt = 0.68
USD= 0.86
CAD = 1.18

Public DC or AC chargers costs about rp2,499 /kWh , which is about
Euro = 0.15
GBT = 0.13
USD = 0.16
CAD= 0.22

it toally makes sense for me to switch to ev as driving around town in constant heavy traffic in Jakarta
i only get about 7-8km at best /ltr.
switching to MG 4, i get also about 6-7km/kWh

so yo u can see, switching to an ev is a no brainer. 0.68 GBT vs 0.13 GBT thats almost 6x savings.
thats is if im using public charger, if im charging at home, the residential tariff for electricity is about
Rp 1,600
euro 0.09
GBT 0.08
USD 0.1
CAD 0.14
its almost 9x cheaper to use ev charging at home vs gas station.
so just wondering how much is petrol on your side vs electricity tariff.
Are those gas prices per litre ?

The cost of electricity depends upon the retailer you are with and the plan you have chosen with that retailer. There are 3 rates with my retailer and I must have a smart meter to take advantage of them. So Peak is the most expensive between 7am & 9am & 5pm till 8pm, Shoulder is from 9am to 5pm & 8pm till 10 pm. Off peak is all other times as well as all day Saturday & Sunday. There is also a supply charge which is a daily fee just for having the property connected.

So it is quite complex. I have the MG4 charging time set to start at 11pm and finish at 7am so I am only using power at off peak rates to charge the car. The cost was until recently 22 cents/kWh but now it is 27 cents/kWh.

Public chargers range from free (usually very slow council owned) to over 80 cents (Tesla Super Chargers) I have charged at public chargers only 3 times so far. Two were 50kW chargers at 30c & 50c & the other a 75kW charger at 55c (per kWh).

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom