How much to reset car to bind with phone?

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Octopus EV have put us touch with MGUK about how to bind the car. Called them today and the man said he had no idea and to phone the local MG garage. Did that and got an answerphone so left a message. Just got a voicemail back and they said that unless the car was bought from them there would be a half hour charge! Any ideas how much half an hour in a garage could cost?!

Octopus EV have put us touch with MGUK about how to bind the car. Called them today and the man said he had no idea and to phone the local MG garage. Did that and got an answerphone so left a message. Just got a voicemail back and they said that unless the car was bought from them there would be a half hour charge! Any ideas how much half an hour in a garage could cost?!
What you mean binding the car please

What happens if you go to the binding screen in the car?

On the facelift version you bind the car to the app.
Think it's more of a longer story where they have lost there password
Any ideas how much half an hour in a garage could cost?!
If you send a message to @Miles Roberts CG he maybe able to get you car reset for free he can get or at least he could get the reset remotely for ismart binding

Ping me an email at [email protected] and I'll see what I can help with. Need your VIN & reg number, and email address/phone number used to create the iSmart account.

Thanks, I’ll try and find the info in the morning. Where would I find the VIN please?
It's on a sticker when you open driver's door you'll also find it on your v5
Screenshot_20230420-223159.png

Do a search here, there are other threads on the same topic, eg:

In sum: reset the head unit yourself & without dicking about with MG service centre.

Summary for successful binding.
1. Reset the infotainment system via Settings - System - restore settings (back to factory default) The car needs to be turned on and in P for this to be done.
2. When infotainment system reboots, do not configure the system, leave at defaults.
3. Bind the car to the phone app and set your security pin.
4. Rebind phone with Bluetooth and set any driver assist functions that you want on or off.

Do a search here, there are other threads on the same topic, eg:

In sum: reset the head unit yourself & without dicking about with MG service centre.

Summary for successful binding.
1. Reset the infotainment system via Settings - System - restore settings (back to factory default) The car needs to be turned on and in P for this to be done.
2. When infotainment system reboots, do not configure the system, leave at defaults.
3. Bind the car to the phone app and set your security pin.
4. Rebind phone with Bluetooth and set any driver assist functions that you want on or off.
I don't believe a factory reset it clears binding as it's a server that needs resetting at MGs end

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom