How to bind the application to car (not for the first time)?

abarlev

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
After a few days that I couldn't connect to the car via the app, I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. Turns out the data plan in the car is 50MB and it ran out in the middle of the month... any way, I can't get the car to provide the QR code required for binding. Anybody have an idea?

If it is already "bound" to your account then you should not have to set it up again. Just log on with your existing credentials to connect. The qr code will only show if the car has not been previously linked to an account or has been reset in the case of second hand purchase.

When you "bind" the set up is as follows (roughly). The initial set up QR code (the cars vin details) links your user account to the cars registered vin details stored on the database and stores that connection.

App - user id/password ↔️ mg server user side ↔️ mg server vin side ↔️ car via data connection 🚘

If you lose the cars data connection it does not remove any account details just the ability to connect.

Is that your issue?

Last edited:
It turns out I installed the wrong app, iSmart Israel instead of Europe…
Once installed the correct one and signed in, just like you said, everything was there :)
So, thanks for the reply!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel