How to fast charge my 2022 ZSEV on public chargers? Having problems

JulesLondon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello community, first time post here and first time trying to charge my 2022 ZSEV. I am surprised I can't find a How To Guide or video to show me steps to fast charge. All videos I see are the older MG versions.

Owner manual says car needs to be off, but touchscreen shows I need the car to be on to begin charging.... What am I missing? Literally, what is the step-by-step exact movements to charge my car? Car on/off, doors closed or open, locked or unlocked?

Tried twice yesterday to charge my car with Source London, 3 chargers near my home, all of which work. Spoke to cutsomer service who reset one charger and literally on the phone with them whilst going through process, didn't work.

Please help and thank you!

Source London touchscreen is telling you that you the car HAS to be powered on? I don't recall them doing this, but it's been a good while. Post a photo.

One thing that caught me out was the 80% charge mode. I arrived at a charger on 91%. I didn't need a charge I just wanted to quickly make sure my account was set up and I could figure out the system etc.

It kept starting then stopping saying the car stopped the charge. I had to turn on the car and then turn the charge settings up to 100% then it worked.

I could turn on the car, during the charge but it was off at the start. I think I just pressed the start button with the brake. Car turned on, the charging screen worked. But it was not in the ready to drive mode.

But my flow was.
Pull up and plug in. (Car unlocked and off).
Swiped the app and scanned my phone on the charger.
Starts charging.
Sat back into the car. The charge screen didn't work so I Turned the car on, checked charge screen, watched a few mins of a cartoon.
Stopped the charge, Pressed the unlock button on the charge screen to unlock the cable.
Turned off the car, got out and Pulled the cable out.
Got back in, started the car properly and drive off.

I have always started charing with the car off. For non-rapid charging, plug in, lock the car and then activate the charger. As each company has different systems it takes a little while to work out which works well. Always best to get any App and use that.

I've never got on with the source london ones - they've always been temperamental and I've never persevered with them although they seem to work fine for others. I use the Ubitricity/Shell recharge lamp post chargers. They are great and have always worked perfectly, as long as people dont block them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom