How to Replace a MG5 or ZS EV 12V battery

Rayz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
MG5/ ZS EV . Does anyone know how to replace the 12v Battery and what to expect to see on the Display after the new battery is fitted .?
Has anybody replaced there 12v battery ?
Did you have any problems fitting it ?
Did it affect the computer on the car ?

Don't know about any of it from personal experience . I should imagine you'd see a few faults thrown up after replacing it , exactly as you would when disconnecting the 12 volt . The faults will clear once the the system is fully booted .
As long as you fit the correct replacement battery it shouldn't affect the computer other than resetting all settings to default

Thanks, I am getting a Battery company to replace it . I just needed to now if it causes any problems.

Don't know about any of it from personal experience . I should imagine you'd see a few faults thrown up after replacing it , exactly as you would when disconnecting the 12 volt . The faults will clear once the the system is fully booted .
As long as you fit the correct replacement battery it shouldn't affect the computer other than resetting all settings to default
You may need to drive before some of the faults clear, but they do clear within about 30s or so once moving.

They clear as soon as the car starts I find

On My Pre Facelift 5 LR some didn't seem to clear until I'd started driving both times I'd had the 12v disconnected (Once because a charger upset it and once because I was replacing a fuse after dropping a USB cable in the 12v socket)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom