How to reset infotainment

jpk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all I've gotten into my car to drive, let both screens start up before pressing the brake pedal for the vehicle ready message, but when I press the vehicle settings it won't let me adjust any settings and displays something like settings only available when vehicle is started. Can someone please post the procedure for the infotainment reset as I can only find post from people saying they've reset their systems but no method on how it's done. Thanks 🤞

Hi all I've gotten into my car to drive, let both screens start up before pressing the brake pedal for the vehicle ready message, but when I press the vehicle settings it won't let me adjust any settings and displays something like settings only available when vehicle is started. Can someone please post the procedure for the infotainment reset as I can only find post from people saying they've reset their systems but no method on how it's done. Thanks 🤞
I believe holding down the home switch (below display) for approx 20 seconds re-starts system

I believe holding down the home switch (below display) for approx 20 seconds re-starts system
Thanks I'll try it out. I've had all the other minor mg4 software glitches but never been frozen out of the mg pilot and driver settings menu before

Had an interesting one yesterday, popped out of the car for 5 mins and when it started back up it was stuck on this screen until I reset the infotainment - photo isn't flipped, the 'pay attention to your surroundings' text is weirdly backwards 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 12.48.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 12.48.33.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
It beggars belief how a company as big as siac can continuously get their software revisions so wrong so often 🤯

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back