How to reset the mileage trip on an MG5?

Coady

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Took possession of MG5 yesterday. Sussed out most settings but haven't found out how to reset mileage trip.
No doubt obvious really?

there was something about how to do it in the manual I am sure...havent reset it myself. It does give a short term and long term

I recently got an MG5 and I too am struggling with resetting the trip counter (and many other 'soft' menu controls as well :( ) I have read pp18-19 of the manual but it doesn't make any sense to me. Can anybody tell me what I need to do to reset the trip counter?

I gather it needs a long press of the OK button (how long?) but whenever I press it nothing happens, so presumably I need to do something else first?

Also, whenever I engage cruise control it shows me some display related to that instead of the digital speed that I want. I can press the LEFT arrow to get back to the speed but that's a nuisance. Is there any way to keep it showing the speed, and also any way to see what the set speed in the cruise control is?

The speed is always displayed on the left hand dial. The ACC set speed is above the car icon and is adjusted by the lever up and down.

To reset the trips. Go to the accumulated totals page and hold down “ok”. It tells you what to do on said page.

The speed is always displayed on the left hand dial.
You mean the analogue speed display? Yes, I know that but I want the digital display as I said.
The ACC set speed is above the car icon and is adjusted by the lever up and down.
Sorry, which car icon? Where? How do I see it?

To reset the trips. Go to the accumulated totals page and hold down “ok”. It tells you what to do on said page.
How do I "Go to the accumulated totals page"? That's what I'm asking.

Press the arrows around the ok button until you get to the trip figure then press the ok button for a few seconds.

When you activate the cruise control the car is displayed on the main screen. It’s a white MG5

Use the arrows next to the OK button to scroll through the pages as required

Glad you love the car coady yes they are great cars even my petrol head work mates are impressed 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom