How to see kWh charge level?

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey everyone

Still working my way round the display. I can find the percentage charge level but how do I find the kWh charge level?

The reason I ask is I am trying to work out how many kWh is added during a certain charge.

This is in the facelift MG5.

Many thanks

I don't know whether it is different on the facelift version but for my pre-facelift the only way I can discover this figure is via the ev.energy app which is linked to my home charger.

I don't know whether it is different on the facelift version but for my pre-facelift the only way I can discover this figure is via the ev.energy app which is linked to my home charger.
That figure won’t be how many kWh are in the battery, only how many were taken from the charger ;-)

Inefficiencies in charging mean that these numbers will be different. When my home charger show 7kW being used, the car shows a little over 6kW being taken in…

Public chargers should show you how much power you have taken in kwh at the end of the session (so you know what you are paying for).
If your home charger has an energy meter you can read that before and after, otherwise it's just guesswork based on experience.

Public chargers should show you how much power you have taken in kwh at the end of the session (so you know what you are paying for).
If your home charger has an energy meter you can read that before and after, otherwise it's just guesswork based on experience.
Thanks.

It was more for when I am visiting family and using granny charger. I would like to give them some cash for what I use :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom