How to tell if update is applied

MonsterMonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I picked up our 5lr today and I have to say it's good.

I asked the dealer if the recall update had been done but got a rather noncommittal answer. So how do I check if this has been done? When in KERS 3 the high level brake light does not come on when lifting off but does when I brake normally.

Last edited:
That says to me it has not been done. If you cannot get anyone to drive behind you to check, drive in the dark and look for your brake lights coming on when the car slows.

That says to me it has not been done. If you cannot get anyone to drive behind you to check, drive in the dark and look for your brake lights coming on when the car slows.
I agree !.
Take the car out after dark and make sure you are in default level 3.
Choose a stretch of road that you are NOT being tailed by others cars and then when safe to do so, completely lift off the "Go" pedal, without touching the foot brake.
As soon as you lift of the "Go" pedal, you should see the rear brake light come on in your rear view mirror.
If not, you need the update.

Another typical example of a quick "Kick The Tyres & Ship" type PDI inspection.
Nobody bothered to check if there was a MG service bulletins issued then ?.
That will be clearly be a NO then 🤷‍♂️ !.
No joined up thinking between sales and the service department.

As soon as you lift of the "Go" pedal, you should see the rear brake light come on in your rear view mirror.
When I monitored this I found a very short delay between lifting and illumination and that makes sense because the requisite level of deceleration is not going to be instantaneous.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom