How to update your MG ZS EV media system

This will allow you to embed images in mp3 files: Mp3Tag
Yes, I'm using that. As far as I can tell, Mp3Tag always embeds the image successfully. Sometimes I can double click on an mp3 file, see the image in whatever Windows app plays mp3 files, and it won't display the image in the car. I'm confused by the rules; I would expect an embedded image to override an album.jpg, but sometimes it doesn't.

Good point. But then, is the colour of the paint worth paying an extra $500/£300 for? Some people think it is, or those options would not be there. Hell, it happened to me (Royal Blue).

Maybe it's a technology thing. It's supposed to be able to do X, so now if it doesn't do X, I want to know why.
:) I didn't even know it was supposed to do pictures. I usually only use the radio as background noise, no point in me putting my favourites on as I wouldn't 'hear' them.

If this is the case, I would appreciate someone telling me how to get them.

Using Naviextras tools I only get access to the 2019 Q4 maps which makes sense as I bought the car on 14/02/2020 and my 90 days rans out on 14/05/2020 before the 3030Q2 was released.
Last week I took another footprint from the car on a USB stick and checked on naviextras again, after reading on facebook that someone had been able to update their nav a second time for free and there are more FREE updates available. Q4 Western Europe, which had a price on it last time I checked, was now available for free, I downloaded and updated it, no problem. Can't see any difference on the nav functions or speed, so it must just be new roads etc.

Hi I get a warning on my infotainment system it stops playing music then this warning comes onto screen saying framing error what does this mean? This only appears to happen when I'm using android auto, any ideas???? And system reboots after a few minutes.

I get a warning on my infotainment system it stops playing music then this warning comes onto screen saying framing error what does this mean?
Framing error is usually a serial protocol error when the stop bit, which should be a 1, is read as a zero. Basically it means that the serial data stream is corrupted. Android Auto talks to the phone over USB, and USB is a serial protocol, so I'd say that the data is corrupted over that link.

It seems that there are a lot of cheap USB cables about that aren't up to the requirements of streaming audio or video. The usual recommendation is to try using the cable that came with your phone; you possibly use it just for charging. Use a cheap cable for charging, and the good cable for Android Auto. It's not obvious looking at a cable, or even considering its price, whether it will be a good one or not.

I've found it hit and miss with displaying embedded images.
I took one of my favourite images, and saved a copy scaled at 90%, another at 80%, etc down to 50%, with 75% thrown in for good measure. I saved the 90% scaled image to the first song in the album folder, 80% in the second, and so on. This was all saved on my USB stick, and replaced into the car.

The 90% scaled image still didn't play, but the 80% one did. All the smaller images played as well.

So for this image, the limit was around 345 x 345 pixels, and 62 kB file size. I have had images larger in pixel size and in file size work before. The key seems to be to keep the images small.

So now I've embedded the 80% scaled image into all the songs in that folder, except for the last song, which is an extended version. I found an alternate image, and embedded a 345x345 px version to that song.

There is plenty of resolution on the infotainment screen, and the images increase the file size of the MP3 file by only a tiny amount, and storage is so cheap, that it's a shame I can't use higher resolution images.

Help please !!
I have hired a MG for a few weeks and once got home put on the Sat nav and I find that a previous user has set up Sat Nav instructions in Spanish
I am sure there is a quick fix to reset to English - but struggling
Any guidance please

Help please !!
I have hired a MG for a few weeks and once got home put on the Sat nav and I find that a previous user has set up Sat Nav instructions in Spanish
I am sure there is a quick fix to reset to English - but struggling
Any guidance please
Did you trie:
Homescreen > settings > display > language?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom