How to view SOC while charging SR Excite

Dino

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
When I plug in to charge the display shows current SOC and time to full charge, but this screen disappears after a few seconds.
Is there any way to keep that screen on while charging? Or viewing while in charge?

Searching the forum I’ve seen some suggestions to view it but not all work for the SR excite and no suggestions for keeping it on.

There’s no button on the driver door handle and clicking the lock button on the key fob when already locked sounds the alarm.

Does opening the boot work or does it stop the charge? I had an issue with the charge pin sticking when the boot was open so I’m a bit nervous about using this option.

I want to make sure I have completed the full balance charge and check the percentage while charging. I don’t have a display for my smart meter to see if it is pulling a small charge.

At the moment I just wait till my charger app shows it is no longer charging or guesstimate the percentage based on the kWh drawn, but I can never see the screen showing connected finished or connected not charging as I unlock and pull the cable out straight away to avoid the pin sticking.

No m8, there's no way to keep the display live. If I'm sitting in the car I'll put the power on for a moment and then off again to check. If I'm out of the car I can use the charger display.

Charging on DC you can open any of the doors without stopping the charge. On AC unlocking the car stops the charge and releases the locking pin.

Charging on DC you can open any of the doors without stopping the charge. On AC unlocking the car stops the charge and releases the locking pin.
Relocking on AC will resume the charge.
When I plug in to charge the display shows current SOC and time to full charge, but this screen disappears after a few seconds.
Is there any way to keep that screen on while charging? Or viewing while in charge?

Searching the forum I’ve seen some suggestions to view it but not all work for the SR excite and no suggestions for keeping it on.

There’s no button on the driver door handle and clicking the lock button on the key fob when already locked sounds the alarm.

Does opening the boot work or does it stop the charge? I had an issue with the charge pin sticking when the boot was open so I’m a bit nervous about using this option.

I want to make sure I have completed the full balance charge and check the percentage while charging. I don’t have a display for my smart meter to see if it is pulling a small charge.

At the moment I just wait till my charger app shows it is no longer charging or guesstimate the percentage based on the kWh drawn, but I can never see the screen showing connected finished or connected not charging as I unlock and pull the cable out straight away to avoid the pin sticking.
Opening the hatchback is the simplest way to view the status if you don't have a button on the door handle.
The way to check if it's finished balancing is to view the status (as above) and if it says "100% finished", it's still balancing. If it says "connected uncharged" (i.e. not charging) then it's finished balancing.

Charging on DC you can open any of the doors without stopping the charge
But I thought unlocking the doors stopped the charge? And it doesn’t start charging till you lock them. You hear the lock pin activate or release as you lock/unlock

But I thought unlocking the doors stopped the charge? And it doesn’t start charging till you lock them. You hear the lock pin activate or release as you lock/unlock
Having charged an awful lot over the last 7 months :D I can say for sure that opening the doors while DC charging does not stop the charge. I find that on DC you have to have the doors shut before charging will start but they don't need to be locked. On AC the doors need to be locked for some reason before the locking pin engages and charging will start.

I just press the open open on the key fob have a look then lock again.
Using s DC I have done while sitting in the car unlock no problems

The new ZS has a little led indicator next to the plug. I wish the 5 had the same

Having charged an awful lot over the last 7 months :D I can say for sure that opening the doors while DC charging does not stop the charge. I find that on DC you have to have the doors shut before charging will start but they don't need to be locked. On AC the doors need to be locked for some reason before the locking pin engages and charging will start.
For some reason, on my home charger the car needs to be locked for AC charging but my local supermarket Podpoints start charge and carry on charging with doors unlocked, doors open whatever. 🤷‍♂️

So long as the door is shut my work Rolec dumb point starts charging, I have to remember to lock it before walking off.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom